UKC

VIDEO: Nalle Hukkataival repeats Gioia

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 18 Mar 2014
Nalle Hukkataival on Gioia, ~8C+, Varazze, Italy, 4 kbHere it is finally, the video of Nalle Hukkataival making the 3rd ascent of Gioia
Nalle makes it look like somewhere in the 6C or 6C+ range, but this is one of the very hardest problems in the world, meaning 8C or possibly 8C+. The grade of Gioia will be discussed for some time yet and further...

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=68784
 Enty 18 Mar 2014
In reply to UKC News:

Webbed arms!!

E
 Fishmate 18 Mar 2014
In reply to UKC News:

It's true, I've seen video of Gioia where it looks like I'd imagine its grade to be, but Nalle makes it look doable for punters. Good climbing.
 philhilo 18 Mar 2014
In reply to UKC News:

Holey mololey that looks 'ard - he's going up those fingertip edges like they were jugs - impressed.
 progrupicola 18 Mar 2014
In reply to UKC News:

Big congrats to Nalle for sending, and making it looks that easy!
As used as we are to power..SCREAMS nowadays, with almost everybody displaying their war-cries, within the ''A muerte!'' motto,..this silent cyborg, crushing while not showing the slightest emotion, make it even more impressive to me.
Are we witnessing a new trend?...no more SHAAAAAH! UUUURRGGH! NEEEHH!
In reply to UKC News:

Beautiful style!
 Jimbo C 19 Mar 2014
In reply to progrupicola:

I grunt on thrutchy VSs. How this guy keeps it together on an 8C+ I have no idea. Impressive.
 progrupicola 19 Mar 2014
In reply to Jimbo C:

Yes, sure I also do it myself, the thing it's, that I feel it's like constant chalking, one can end up overdoing it, even when the move it's not that hard, or when in spite of dusty-white hands, the manic-chalking goes on and on...

In that sense, I really appreciate how Nalle keep it all under control, he even doesn't need the chalk-bag!!!

All in all, pretty good news, for the question (Is it possible to go further, on the high-end bouldering?)..It looks like a YES, just watch this guy on one of the hardest boulders out there..

Cheers for that!
 steve taylor 19 Mar 2014
In reply to UKC News:

Great video - Nalle comes over as a very strong, very personable guy.

Nice touch having Christian Core there to be the first to congratulate him too. He's an equally nice guy.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...