UKC

Kate Bush to play London

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 ring ouzel 21 Mar 2014
Kate Bush has just announced she will play 15 nights in London in August and September!! Soooo excited!!! Will be trying for tickets next week, work can wait.
 The Pylon King 21 Mar 2014
In reply to ring ouzel:

yeah just in effing London.
 lummox 21 Mar 2014
In reply to The Pylon King:

what Pylon King said : (
OP ring ouzel 21 Mar 2014

I know, and I'm on the Black Isle so it'll be a loooong journey down if I get tickets - worth it mind!
In reply to ring ouzel:

Tickets £50-£135

God i'd love to go though.

Hmmm, ticket price + travel + b&b = lots of money. I could sell my body on the streets of Inverness but slightly overweight 51 year olds are ten a penny up here! Suspect I may be buying a Lotto ticket on Friday!
 graeme jackson 21 Mar 2014
> (In reply to ring ouzel)
>
> Tickets £50-£135
>

Where did yo find that? I've been hunting soince 8.30 and couldn't come up with anything other than 'on sale 28th March'
 Lone Rider 21 Mar 2014
In reply to ring ouzel:

> I know, and I'm on the Black Isle so it'll be a loooong journey down if I get tickets - worth it mind!

Now currently trying to work out who else lives on the Black Isle, climbs and interested in bird watching?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;o|
 PaulTanton 21 Mar 2014
In reply to ring ouzel:

Kate Bush. Like why????
 Rampikino 21 Mar 2014
In reply to PaulTanton:

Why not????

(and if you can come up with lots of reasons then bully for you, doesn't mean anyone else has to agree).
In reply to PaulTanton:

> Kate Bush. Like why????

because she is a genius
 Pete Dangerous 21 Mar 2014
I'll be trying for tickets. Hounds Of Love is a permanent fixture on my playlist. It's expensive but we might not get the chance again.
In reply to Lone Rider:
Not so much interested as professionally obsessed!! I'm on the south side of the Black Isle.
Post edited at 13:19
In reply to PaulTanton:

Heretic!! One of my younger students asked me that same question some years ago. I took him out to the mat (this was at kung fu) and we had a 3-D discussion on the merits of Kate Bush versus some nobody he liked. I like to think Kate has never had a spinning back-kick thrown in her honour before.
 graeme jackson 21 Mar 2014
In reply to ring ouzel:
> I like to think Kate has never had a spinning back-kick thrown in her honour before.

probably not but she was responsible for the sales of Kleenexe going through the roof in certain Northumbrian coastal ports in the late 70's

In reply to graeme jackson:

Scottish ex-coal mining villages were not immune to this phenomena either!
Jim C 21 Mar 2014
In reply to PaulTanton:
Like, when I first saw her perform , I was gosmacked, there were some artists, good and bad that make an immediate impression , KB was one.

( and she was hot and I was young)

Today I watched a 60 year old male shipping manager based in Glasgow trying to get tickets. She must be doing something right, but I have no idea if she is popular with the young.
Post edited at 14:12
 icnoble 22 Mar 2014
In reply to ring ouzel: I saw her at the Liverpool Empire in 1979, she was an amazing performer.

In reply to Postmanpat:

If she's doing 15 nights I bet she's shaped up a bit for them.
 Dauphin 24 Mar 2014
In reply to Postmanpat:

Its a close one beteen her and Robert smith for the Liz Taylor likeness (shagged out, retired, friend of Michael Jackson period) I'm a massive fan of KB, but I just don't care to see her live at the Hammersmith Apollo.

D
 dek 24 Mar 2014
In reply to Postmanpat:

> Not quite as sylphlike as remember

I've just deleted 'Running up that Hill' from the iPod.

Replaced it with

'Pounds of Love'
 Pete Dangerous 26 Mar 2014
Is anyone going for the pre-sale? I don't have a code but I'm interested to see how quickly the tickets sell out.

The Pylon King 26 Mar 2014
In reply to Pete Dangerous:

I just got my tickets!!!

........it pays to be a perv!!
 Pete Dangerous 26 Mar 2014

Nice. I'll have a bash Friday but I'm not feeling optimistic
 Babika 26 Mar 2014
In reply to ring ouzel:

I saw her live last time round......and I had the long shaggy haircut and make up to match. Absolutely loved her!

I remember the revolutionary thing about the performance was that she had a wireless mike attached to her head so that she could sing and dance. Sounds pretty ordinary now but 35 years ago it was completely revolutionary...
 graeme jackson 26 Mar 2014
In reply to Babika:
> I remember the revolutionary thing about the performance was that she had a wireless mike attached to her head so that she could sing and dance.

She made that herself out of a bent coathanger initially. must have been a fan of How!
Removed User 26 Mar 2014
In reply to graeme jackson:

I heard Tom Robinson tell a story about how the radio mike was left live after she went off stage and some embarrasing comments about the crowd went over the PA after she was off stage. As we trooped out the Queen's Hall Tom was heard over the PA saying "Edinburgh....fcking wankers.....".

Not sure if the story was true or Tom was just setting up a gag. V.funny though.
In reply to ring ouzel:

I've always thought that one in Kate Bush is worth two in the hand.
 Postmanpat 27 Mar 2014
In reply to stroppygob:

> I've always thought that one in Kate Bush is worth two in the hand.

Helen Heanes 28 Mar 2014
In reply to ring ouzel:
Thanks for the reminder through this thread last night. I managed to get my husband 2 tickets.
He's made up :0)
 Oceanrower 28 Mar 2014

> Nice. I'll have a bash Friday but I'm not feeling optimistic

She does seem to have that effect on men of a certain age.......
 Tony the Blade 28 Mar 2014
In reply to dek:

> I've just deleted 'Running up that Hill' from the iPod.

> Replaced it with

> 'Pounds of Love'

Running up that Bill
 Ron Walker 29 Mar 2014

> I'll be trying for tickets. Hounds Of Love is a permanent fixture on my playlist. It's expensive but we might not get the chance again.

Just bought a remastered 'Hounds of Love' for £1.99 on Amazon as it reminds me of my first girlfriend who was often mistaken for Kate in the mid 1970's, long time ago and changed days!
 aln 29 Mar 2014
In reply to Tony the Blade:

> Running up that Bill

Yes. And only London. Bit unfair if you don't live in that end of the UK. Doesn't like playing live, doing 15 gigs, now more added.
Bank balance running low vs artistic integrity
 Tony the Blade 29 Mar 2014
In reply to aln:

I agree, and I cant believe how suddenly everyone is a fan.
 aln 29 Mar 2014
In reply to Tony the Blade:

> I agree, and I cant believe how suddenly everyone is a fan.

Absolutely.
Same thing happened with a few others recently. Apparently everone now loves Bobby Womack and Nile Rogers.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...