UKC

euro jet fighter .talyllyn

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 colina 29 Mar 2014
was looking at maybe going to talyllyn lake on a nice day to look at the planes ..sad I know .but hey ho

was looking at climbing a peak in order to get level or above the jets .can anyone tell me the best viewpoint in the talyllyn pass to do this. grid reference would be good or the best mountain in your opinion thx
Jim C 29 Mar 2014
In reply to colina:
> was looking at maybe going to talyllyn lake on a nice day to look at the planes ..sad I know .but hey ho

> was looking at climbing a peak in order to get level or above the jets .can anyone tell me the best viewpoint in the talyllyn pass to do this. grid reference would be good or the best mountain in your opinion thx

I think there are websites for this,

http://www.targeta.co.uk/wheretogo.htm
Post edited at 21:08
 Dave Williams 30 Mar 2014
In reply to colina:

The relatively narrow Bwlch Oerddrws pass on the A470 between Dinas Mawddwy and Cross Foxes is a very popular site for spotters and this is quite close to Talyllyn. There were loads of people there last Wednesday morning as you can easily get to a vantage point on Craig y Bwlch to watch the planes fly over the col level with or even below you.

HTH

Dave
 Blackmud 30 Mar 2014
In reply to colina:

In my experience there is often a crowd along the ridge/boundary near SH753139
adam11 30 Mar 2014
Check out 'The Mach Loop' on You Tube. Good frozen waterfall country around there too.

My ancestors who used to raid the Drovers road, found themselves hanging from the gallows which was once sited on top of the Bwlch, so I'm told.

OP colina 30 Mar 2014
In reply to Dave Williams:
looking on ord survey there appears to be a parking area between x foxes and dinas mawddwy grid ref sj801-169 .do you mean parking here and climbing to the very top of craig y bwll from here thx ?
OP colina 30 Mar 2014
In reply to Blackmud:

there is a parking area here according to your coordinates ,is the parking area the best view or is there a better vantage point within walking reasonable walking distance .thx
 Blackmud 30 Mar 2014
In reply to colina:
Park at SH752135, walk on the path that goes up onto the hill which is to the NW side of the road, it (the path) runs broadly NE parallel to the road but climbing up until you gain the ridge/boundary that runs NW, follow this up and away from the road as far as you like. Look for Mynydd Gwerngraig, where I've seen people is more or less near the flattening out by the capital G on both maps. If its a nice day there'll very likely be others there too.
Post edited at 14:47
 Mr Lopez 31 Mar 2014
In reply to colina:
> was looking at climbing a peak in order to get level or above the jets

Do it alpine Swiss style http://images.fotocommunity.de/bilder/luft-und-raumfahrt/militaerfliegerei/...
Post edited at 02:22
OP colina 31 Mar 2014
In reply to Blackmud:

had a drive down to Dolgellau yesterday in sunshine,checked out the lake and the ruined castle bere and spotted out both parking areas whilst I was there.like you said mynydd gwernygraig seems the best spot to see the jets banking over and heading down twards the lake , ,so I reckon will be heading up there for my next sortie.now if only I knew definatly when the euro fighters will be out next ,wonder if I ring the mod they would give me the heads up!!
thx for everyones input very much appreciated.

OP colina 31 Mar 2014
In reply to Dark-Cloud:

thx will check that out.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...