UKC

This party fears four

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
> The BBC commissioned polling firm Populus to find out the labels voters use to describe the party leaders. The results are not pretty.

> David Cameron is described as "out of touch" by a quarter of voters. Ed Miliband was labelled "out of his depth" by 27% of voters.

> The most common description for Nick Clegg was "weak".

> Some 26% of those polled said Nigel Farage "stands up for Britain" but 22% of people thought he was weird.

> Apart from the - admittedly very fun - personality stuff, the poll also found that a majority of people trust David Cameron and George Osborne to manage the economy over Ed Miliband and Ed Balls. Of those polled, 58% opted for the Tories and 42% favoured Labour as stewards of the nation's finances.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-26787677

Well, well, well, Mr Farage seems to be doing rather well.

crayefish 29 Mar 2014
In reply to stroppygob:
I think he's relatively popular because he's a crap politician! All the good ones are relatively odious where as often the bad ones are fairly likeable.

I think it's similar to racing drivers... Vettel, Schumacher and Alonso - good yet a total knobs. Button, Massa and Weber - not as good but very likeable.

Ed balls being the exception of course... he's crap and odious.
Post edited at 22:52
 Jon Stewart 29 Mar 2014
In reply to stroppygob:
Dreadful that people think Farage is a serious person.

Interesting way to analyse society in the survey though:

it divides the country into six segments, based on attitude and worldview:

- Comfortable nostalgia: voters who are unhappy with modern Britain
- Optimistic contentment: happy, secure people
- Calm persistence: hard-workers feeling the pinch
- Hard-pressed anxiety: voters who are stressed about life
- Long-term despair: those who feel left out
- Cosmopolitan critics: voters who would criticise the government whoever was in power

On political matters I guess I'm in the last category, but more generally it's "long term despair".

Where do you see yourself?
Post edited at 23:09
In reply to Jon Stewart:

I don't know if you were asking me, or the forum in general?

But for me; Optimistic contentment: happy, secure person.
 Jon Stewart 30 Mar 2014
In reply to stroppygob:

> I don't know if you were asking me, or the forum in general?

> But for me; Optimistic contentment: happy, secure person.

That's good, I had you down more as a "comfortable nostalgia" type after all the posts about the world going to hell in a politically correct handcart.
HenryMarx 30 Mar 2014
In reply to stroppygob:

Does any of this matter?
In reply to HenryMarx:

Does anything matter? It's merely a question of your own inclination to indulge the topic, surely? We can chat away here, vent, rage, piss take, perseverate, and prevaricate till the cows come home, it’ll change nowt.

I thought it an interesting survey, odd for its type, and believed the members here may care to give their perspectives.

“Disce quasi semper victurus vive quasi cras moriturus.”
 Shani 30 Mar 2014
In reply to crayefish:
> Ed balls being the exception of course... he's crap and odious.

I'm shocked that anyone would described Ed Balls like this.....without adding 'incompetent' and 'deluded'.

Post edited at 08:57
 crayefish 30 Mar 2014
In reply to Shani:

The latter word in particular...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...