UKC

Lochnagar Gullies

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Lamb 11 Apr 2014
Out of the loop on the state of play with things, is the likes of Raeburn's still complete and not a porridgey mess? I'm assuming Polyphemus is long gone? Also, are cornices just about all away now as well?
 Billhook 11 Apr 2014
In reply to Lamb:

Lochnager is in Scotland right?
You haven't bothered to look at the other reports from elsewhere in Scotland then?
 Joak 11 Apr 2014
In reply to Dave Perry:

The OP starts the thread with "Out of the loop on the state of play with things".
Them wee shiny things above your nose are eyes right?
You haven't bothered to look at the first sentence of the post then?
Flo-go 11 Apr 2014
In reply to Dave Perry:

Because all of Scotland has the exact same weather conditions and snow cover...
 Billhook 11 Apr 2014
In reply to Lamb:

Then all you need do is look on the numerous threads re Scotland and you see that just about every where either has no snow, or wet soggy snow. I think its thawing. And there are several threads about wet soggy cornices and so on.
 stuart58 11 Apr 2014
In reply to Dave Perry:
He only asked a reasonable question I dont see any specific reference to this crag!
 Joak 11 Apr 2014
In reply to Dave Perry:

I don't think the OP was very much interested on the numerous threads about every where else, just some first hand info on the state of the "Lochnagar Gullies." Not an unreasonable question to ask.
 Michael Gordon 11 Apr 2014
In reply to Dave Perry:

So is Raeburn's still complete and Polyphemus long gone?
 Billhook 11 Apr 2014
In reply to Michael Gordon:

All well frozen, unlike the rest of the UK. Superb climbing on excellent snow and ice. There is a unique weather warp there.
 Nigel Thomson 11 Apr 2014
In reply to Dave Perry:

So, you knew the answer yet preferred to drivel inane pish? You need to get out more.
 andyinglis 11 Apr 2014
In reply to Lamb:

So much bullsh&t in this thread.... actually there's a lot of snow left in the Scottish mountains, including the gar, and a fair number of routes still in condition. A pretty reasonable question originally posted too.... oh and and there will be lots of good neve in the gorms this weekend with currently forecast freezing level!enjoy.....

Andy
 Michael Gordon 11 Apr 2014
In reply to Dave Perry:

OK but how complete are they?
 PaulN 11 Apr 2014
In reply to Lamb:

Hello, Raeburns is still complete and the gully will be straightforward enough with hard frost. The exits are still very knarly though. Most of the cornices are gone it's just vertical walls of choss with bits falling off. Everything else looking black.
 andyinglis 11 Apr 2014
In reply to Lamb: sorry raeburns is not complete, 2-3m rock section at roughly 2pitches up. Still looks worth doing though.

OP Lamb 12 Apr 2014
In reply to Lamb:

Cheers for replies, sounds like there's still some decent late Spring conditions, will take a wee gander in later on in the week and see what's what.

Special thanks to Mr Perry! But maybe you should just stick to commenting on the quality of fish suppers on offer down in Whitby - would be as much use!
 Billhook 12 Apr 2014
In reply to Lamb:

Lol, lol
Enjoy your climbing, I was obviously feeling grumpy yesterday!

neil9216 12 Apr 2014
In reply to Dave Perry:

Is it your time of the month?

Lamb enjoy your climbing.
I've been hoping to do raeburns gully for a while if you head that way .could you let me know what it was like.
Been busy with work and not been out much this winter
would blow the dust off ma tools for one last route tho.

Cheers
Neil

Billhook 12 Apr 2014
In reply to neil9216:

Neil, don't chance your arm. I could get grumpy again!!
 neil9216 13 Apr 2014
In reply to Dave Perry:

Oooooooooooooo
I'm scared.
Please don't get grumpy again.
OP Lamb 13 Apr 2014
In reply to Lamb:

For anyone still interested, here are some pics from Scott Muir on the British Backcountry Facebook page from Saturday 12th:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152365062648659&set=pcb.76907...

Looks like there is still plenty
 Billhook 13 Apr 2014
In reply to neil9216:

We'll, seeing you said please, I won't!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...