UKC

Update and Cornwall North Coast Crags

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
I posted a couple of months ago about my blog, my aims for the year and moving from indoor to outdoor climbing. Some people said they were interested in keeping up to date so I thought I might post again.

I did my learn to lead a few weeks ago and have managed to make it out a couple of times since. I'm loving trad and some amazing climbing settings in Devon and Cornwall and I can't wait to do more. Learning to place protection efficiently is more difficult that I thought but I'm getting the hang of it. Working towards my goal of leading an E1 before the end of the year is proving positive, but I can see exactly what people meant on my first post when they said there was really enjoyable climbing at lower grades.

We are up in Cranktock for the long weekend and I wondered if anyone could recommend a crag for me and my girlfriend. There needs to be routes between VDiff and VS (only enough to fill one day). It would be great if we could climb really close by but I'm getting the feeling from doing a crag search that we might need to go further West? Not bothered about having to walk in or bash through a couple of brambles if the climbing is good.

Dave

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...