ROCKTALK forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Who did what this weekend then?

Cheese Monkey - on 21 Apr 2014
Nowhere near enough chat about climbing on here.

So what did you get up to?

I had 2 days down in West Penwith, did Pegasus and Seal Slab at Chair Ladder, Seal Slab was excellent! Great exposed moves at the steep bit above the slab and the layback crack on p2 was great. Pegasus was a bit damp but good but didn't particularly enjoy the final pitches.

2nd day went to Fox Promontory. Fun scramble down and over the Promontory and a quick abseil in. Sun was on the South face so soon dispatched The Muzzle which was great, steep well protected cracks. Then The Whisker, which was a bit of a let down. Ian then went up Sunshine Cracks which was good but well hard for the grade. Textbook lay backing up the nasty wide flared crack. Then went up the daunting looking The Curtain Raiser with great sustained 4c wall climbing with surprising lots of adequate gear.

Today headed to Boulder Ruckle in the sun. Found the ab straight away and got right on it. Started off on Lightning Wall, stiff crux and a bit damp but amazing climbing. CC SW guide sandbagged Iggy on Directors Groove/Ashes and Diamonds - definitely not VS. Tough moves past the overhang, but nice romping up flakes on p2. Then I talked myself into Elysium, first crux was very obvious what you had to do, but the traverse and gaining the corner was tricky! Great jug romp after getting the corner.

Where was everyone? Only saw 3 other climbers briefly at Chair Ladder!
... not showing 54 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums