UKC

Strapiombo Tremadog

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
deleted user 24 Apr 2014
Does anyone have any videos of anyone doing this? I have never done it and intrigued why a friend threw up on it.
 The Grist 24 Apr 2014
In reply to samsimpson:

I threw up on top of it because I had a dodgy stomach!! Plus I had no gear as you need a size 5 or 6 camalot (which I did not have) and with my distinctly crap off width skills I thought I was going to fall off and die.

Doing the worm for 12 metres did not help the already dodgy stomach.
In reply to The Grist:

When I did it my leader managed to protect it with a cunning nut, placed at full stretch with a re-threaded wire for extra reach, in the back somewhere.

I thought it was fine, but then I'm a wrong'un who quite likes that sort of thing.
 The Grist 24 Apr 2014
In reply to victim of mathematics:

Your leader was probably a little thinner than me! It did not help that I was wearing a helmet and looking outside the crack and I literally could not look into the crack most the way up.
In reply to samsimpson:

>Does anyone have any videos of anyone doing this?

I doubt it!!

jcm

In reply to samsimpson:

Sammy, I was disappointed to have been thwarted by this a few weeks ago. I managed to get within three moves from the top. I had a cam in a horizontal crack near the edge of the chimney. Luckily it held when I gave up in exasperation as I'd have landed in the tree!
Drop me a message on FB later and ill tell you all about it

Anthony.
 Rob Davies 28 Apr 2014
In reply to samsimpson:
Sorry, I didn't see this last week.

I have not done Strapiombo but it's on my list of ones to have a look at. I understand it's a tight squeeze chimney rather than a true off width which you wouldn't be able to get inside. In that case even really big cams won' t help unless it narrows down at the back. But 3 blue BigBros should do the trick.!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...