UKC

Blackpool Towers Are open

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 stuart58 27 Apr 2014
As from today Sunday 27th April Blackpool climbing towers have reopened.

Sat / Sun 10-30 am till 4-00pm

Mon to Thursday 6-00pm till 9-00pm
OP stuart58 11 May 2014
In reply to stuart58:

Due to the weather the towers will not be open today Sunday 11/05/14
 wilkie14c 11 May 2014
In reply to stuart58:

> Due to the weather the towers will not be open today Sunday 11/05/14

And what is the weather here in Blackpool? Bit of a white sky, slight breeze and dry. Is it any wonder the towers have an appalling attendance for saying its such a wonderful resource.
 goose299 11 May 2014
In reply to wilkie14c:

I was thinking that. Overcast here in Preston but nothing that should affect the towers
OP stuart58 16 May 2014
In reply to goose299:
That decision was taken at 9 30 in the morning when it was throwing it down.
Sometimes these decisions are taken and things change later the instructor was told then so its abit late to open when the decision is made. At least we told you. So stop moaning
 goose299 16 May 2014
In reply to stuart58:

Unsure how us questioning the decision is us moaning but whatever
 wilkie14c 16 May 2014
In reply to goose299:

> Unsure how us questioning the decision is us moaning but whatever

Quite. Just imagine - an outdoor climbing wall that is subject to a bit of rain, just like a real crag....
 wilkie14c 16 May 2014
In reply to stuart58:

>So stop moaning

No, we aren't moaning, simply voting with our feet. When the towers are managed and opened properly the climbers might come back. This isn't a dig at you personally Stuart so please don't take offence and I understand that you are not in a position to comment yourself. Its such a shame, the towers were once high profile enough to attract major competitions but Blackpool council haven't got a clue how to market or run the place.
 chrisjacks 16 May 2014
In reply to stuart58:

I'd climb in the rain anyways, there is overhanging routes, what's the issue?
OP stuart58 16 May 2014
In reply to chrisjacks:
Sorry but i work at the towers and I rang into say that I thought it wasn't worth opening because th weather wasn't good and neither the forecast. I've been there on really sunny days and no ones turned up so we can't win. Hopefully things should get better. If i hadn't posted on here it was shut then people would have turned up and found place closed. So sorry I didn't mean to cause offence but trying to be helpful

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...