UKC

Two Reasons to Vote No in September...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 jonnie3430 06 May 2014
There hasn't been a thread for a while; whats the Scotnats view of this http://notesfromnorthbritain.wordpress.com/2014/05/02/two-positive-cases/

The two reasons are that the Union is:

(1) A Global Force for Good

and provides

(2) Tolerance, Good Governance and Justice at Home

It goes on to discuss:

(1) Trade and Jobs (apparently 70% of exports from Scotland go to the rest of the UK!)

(2) Prosperity and Security

I thought it reads truthfully and sensibly, have I missed anything?
 stp 06 May 2014
In reply to jonnie3430:

The idea of the UK as global force for good is pure propaganda. We are very much part of the disintegrating US empire invading poor countries to benefit and enrich our powerful corporations.

I don't think there's many places in the world outside of the UK that would have such distorted vision of us.
In reply to stp:
> (In reply to jonnie3430)

> I don't think there's many places in the world outside of the UK that would have such distorted vision of us.

Considering your views are so distorted, and coming from inside the UK, there doesn't need to be an external view to do us down.
contrariousjim 06 May 2014
In reply to jonnie3430:

The first commentator from South of the border who seems to get the mood I see around me:
http://blogs.channel4.com/snowblog/visceral-hatred-westminister-politics/23...

A relationship between the health of people and the health of the nation, from Mike Lean, a well known Prof of nutrition, diabetes and obesity.
http://www.yesscotland.net/news/why-independence-can-make-scotland-healthie...

OP jonnie3430 06 May 2014
In reply to contrariousjim:

> The first commentator from South of the border who seems to get the mood I see around me:

"But for far more it seems to be a relatively recent desire to have nothing to do with what so many spoke of as “the sleaze, dishonesty, and self-serving London-centric politics of Westminster”."

So we swap them for "the sleaze, dishonesty, and self-serving Central-Belt-centric politics of Edinburgh"? It's politics for goodness sake, it's always full of this stuff. SNP, including it's leaders are in it too. Look at Salmonds relationships with Trump and Murdoch, look at the bullying of the SNP when challenged with anything! What was the drama about promising that EU membership was solid. It's all politics and you are a sucker to fall for it.

> A relationship between the health of people and the health of the nation, from Mike Lean, a well known Prof of nutrition, diabetes and obesity.
healthier-and-more-confident-coun...

"Professor Mike Lean believes Scotland is currently a nation under “chronic stress” because decisions about its future and well-being are being made by a remote government at Westminster.

But a Yes vote on September 18 will give Scotland power over its own future and an opportunity to be a more confident and healthier country."

LLOL!! Remote? It's an hours flight away. It is quicker to drive to Cornwall than Pabbay from Glasgow and London is remote?
OP jonnie3430 07 May 2014
In reply to jonnie3430:

I see that Alex Salmond made it into Private Eye after the Sunday Post drew a printed a cartoon of him and he refused to speak to any of the companies publications again... http://www.private-eye.co.uk/sections.php?section_link=street_of_shame&...
OP jonnie3430 08 May 2014
In reply to jonnie3430:

No comments from the pro independence campaigners on here other than jim?
Graeme G 08 May 2014
In reply to jonnie3430:

The phot at the top is nice. Any idea where it was taken
 Sir Chasm 08 May 2014
In reply to Father Noel Furlong:

> The phot at the top is nice. Any idea where it was taken

Foinaven(ish)?
OP jonnie3430 08 May 2014
In reply to Father Noel Furlong:

More relevant to the forums as well!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...