UKC

Chamonix accommodation

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Tony the Blade 09 May 2014
Hi all,

I'm thinking about entering the Mont Blanc 10k at the end of June (I can't quite believe there are still places left!).

Anyone know of a half decent gîte that will have last minute spaces? Or a friends floor for a few €'s and payment in wine and food?

Like I say, it's very much on the back burner - hell, I haven't even broached it with the Mrs yet - eek.

Thanks, TtB

PS Anyone else doing this, or the UTMB or the MdMB?
 yorkshireman 09 May 2014
In reply to Tony the Blade:

Thanks for the reminder - I just booked Hotel Prieuré in town which came in at 310 eur for two nights so not too bad at late notice.

I'm doing the marathon. Will be the first time for this one.

Try AirBnB if you're staying for longer - there are lots of options but since we'll only be there two nights its not ideal.
craigloon 09 May 2014

I would recommend Gite La Tapia. Clean, friendly, excellent kitchen facilities. www.latapia.com

Avoid the Chamoniard Volant, aka the Black Hole of Chamonix.

Crikey - I totally forgot I'd asked this question, sorry.

Having now thought about it some more I have to report that I'm not entering the 10k this year. I decided that I'd rather spend £250 taking our lass somewhere nice over half term and maybe entering a local half/10k while there.

I am however entering the marathon next year, this has always been the case and is what I'm currently building up to.

Thanks for the replies guys, belatedly appreciated.

TtB

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...