UKC

Juicer recommendations please

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 ClimberEd 12 May 2014
It seems to be a large market out there....

Not looking at spending a pound more than I have to but at the same time I know that a lot of the cheap ones don't do the job, so any advice or experience gladly received please.

Thanks
 geordiepie 12 May 2014
In reply to ClimberEd:

If you're after a cheap one we got one of these a few weeks ago and I'm pretty happy with it so far:-

http://tinyurl.com/ln7n56d

Only downside with it is you need to put the pulp back through to extract all the juice but this is pretty easy to do.

My thoughts were to buy a cheap one for now and if it gets lots of use I'll think about a better one in the future.
 Reach>Talent 12 May 2014
In reply to ClimberEd:

Lance Armstrong?
 Kimono 12 May 2014
In reply to ClimberEd:
Exactly what I'm after as well.
Shall be watching this thread

Enty 12 May 2014
In reply to ClimberEd:

Mrs. Ent "I'm thinking of buying one of them Juicers"
Me "Oh yeah they look good but I bet you in 6 months time it will be gathering dust in a kitchen cupboard"
Mrs. Ent "No it won't I'm really keen on this juice diet and it would be nice to have juice for breakfast and I'll use it every day"
Me "Ok then whatever you want love."

Guess who was right?

E
 Kimono 12 May 2014
In reply to Enty:
Meaning you may have a juicer for sale??

Enty 12 May 2014
In reply to Kimono:

No, sorry, because she might want to use it once next April....FFS!

E
 icnoble 12 May 2014
In reply to ClimberEd:

I have mailed you
 Kimono 12 May 2014
In reply to Enty:

> No, sorry, because she might want to use it once next April....FFS!

> E

I don't think you're thinking clearly sir….
Surely the unused juicer is the perfect excuse for buying yourself a new bike?
 AndyC 12 May 2014
In reply to ClimberEd:

If you think the juicer is expensive, wait until you start paying for all the fruit and veg that goes into it. Also a massive pain to keep clean. We used one for a while, luckily it went the way of most kitchen gimmickry!
 Mike-W-99 12 May 2014
In reply to ClimberEd:

Here you go, not entirely work safe. A bit of swearing,

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2002/02/11
 Enty 13 May 2014
In reply to AndyC:

> If you think the juicer is expensive, wait until you start paying for all the fruit and veg that goes into it. Also a massive pain to keep clean. We used one for a while, luckily it went the way of most kitchen gimmickry!

We cooked a 3 course meal for 12 cyclists last night. There was less washing up than when I once used the juicer to make myself an orange and pineapple smoothie.

E
 Indy 13 May 2014
In reply to Enty:
> Me "Oh yeah they look good but I bet you in 6 months time it will be gathering dust

Same here..... turned out it was 2 minutes juicing and 20 minutes clean up.
 jethro kiernan 13 May 2014
In reply to Enty:

Having the same conversation with Mrs K, expect same result :-/
 obi-wan nick b 13 May 2014
In reply to Enty:

> Guess who was right?

Mrs Ent! and don't you forget it!
 Philip 13 May 2014
My parents have an old one, and were thinking of getting it back out the loft. They have a friend who juices just once a week and stores it with a dash of lemon juice for a week in the fridge. Reduces the cleaning time to once a week.

ALso, the new style centrifugal designs are cleaner and more efficient (the pulp is ejected so you don't have to keep stopping to clear the filter).
 ByEek 13 May 2014
In reply to Enty:

> Guess who was right?

Am I missing something here? Can you not just pop to your local food shop and buy a container of fruit ready - juiced?

They seem about as pointless as ice cream makers (and we have one of those along the same lines as Enty's wife!)
OP ClimberEd 13 May 2014
In reply to ClimberEd:

Ha, we shall see! Thank you.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...