UKC

Swanage E3/E4

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Mark Warnett 19 May 2014
I've done ocean boulevard and soul sacrifice (latter by Skin of my Teeth).

What next for the coming weekend? Needs to be safe. Recommendations appreciated as nothing jumps out at me from Rockfax
 CurlyStevo 20 May 2014
In reply to Mark Warnett:
Unfortunately the forecast is not looking any good for the bank holiday weekend

Mickey Mouse?

jcm
 steve taylor 20 May 2014

Singing Winds. Low in the grade and with gear where needed. Also Facedancin and Warlord - both have good gear and worth a go once the bird restrictions are over.

Not done Mickey Mouse but have heard it's ok.

scott titt 20 May 2014

Sirius
Marmolata Buttress
OP Mark Warnett 20 May 2014

Thanks - Singing Winds looks a contender.

Has anybody done Barracuda?

Looks tempting but a friend told me it was an absolute chop route with no gear and knackered pegs. The book says its safe and you can see a huge crack in the topo pic - so i think he might be thinking of another route. Don't want to be halfway up and pumped to find out he is right though!
 Ed Babs 20 May 2014

Barracuda is great and there is loads of gear. It's just pumpy if you hang around placing it. I don't think there are any pegs on it either, so maybe your mate is thinking of another route?

If you go for singing winds you could do dune dust too - they are both good technical face climbing.

As a slightly steeper alternative you could head to fisherman's ledge for calcitron and damage case. Both are really good again.

Have a great weekend.
 dan gibson 20 May 2014

Impending Gleam is a well protected E4 at Fishermans Ledge, easy if you can jam.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...