UKC

Visting Scotland looking for climbs

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
m.eckelberg 23 May 2014

Hey Everyone,

I'll be visiting Scotland and I'm looking for suggestions of what are good climbs and good areas to check out. I have a couple of days off and I'll be in Edinburgh and wondering if there is anything around there (I've been lazy on my searching and relying on the kindness of strangers). Any information helps. Also if someone is looking for a climbing partner or willing to guide me that would be super rad (I'll only have a harness and shoes due to limited packing). I'll be in Aberdeen 6/9 so if anyone is interested!
Cheers,
Matt
Post edited at 00:38
 CharlieMack 23 May 2014
In reply to m.eckelberg:

The hawkcraig just north of Edinburgh along with Limekilns are both low to mid grade crags. Depends what you're looking for. You've not given much info.
Trad, sport, boulder, multipitch, how far you're willing to travel, what sort of grade. Otherwise there is unsurprisingly a shit ton of climbing in Scotland.
In reply to m.eckelberg: An indication of your climbing standard, trad and/or sport would help.

I'm sure others will disagree but there is no utterly amazing climbing close to Edinburgh. There are however plenty of worthwhile outcrops and quarries locally but ideally you need travel 2-3 hours to get to the world class routes.

Aberdeen is arguably better as there is good climbing on the NE sea cliffs and you are slightly closer to some of the bigger mountain crags.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...