UKC

Bulletproof coffee

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 darrencabowabo 24 May 2014
Has anyone tried bulletproof coffee? Does it work?
Removed User 24 May 2014
In reply to darrencabowabo:

I'm drinking some coffee right now. Its coffee, its good and it doesn't die of ya shoot it.
 Bulls Crack 24 May 2014

Is that that coffee with butter? Website started to go on about toxins in 'normal' coffee etc at which point the bullshit filter cut in

Yes coffee with unsalted butter and MCT oil, it's supposed to give you focus, energy and appease the craving for carbs, thus helping with weight loss.
tri-nitro-tuolumne 24 May 2014

I've had Tibetan Tea i.e tea made with butter. Definitely a once in a lifetime experience I don't think coffee would be any more palatable.
 digby 24 May 2014

Oh yes that'll work. Yessir no doubt about it. For sure. It's a no brainer. Go for it.
 steelbru 24 May 2014
I think this only "works" if you're already on a Low Carb High Fat( LCHF ) diet. If you stuff your face with carbs/sugars then have some bulletproof coffee it won't kill the carb cravings.

> it's supposed to give you focus, energy and appease the craving for carbs, thus helping with weight loss.

I've also heard it kills all known germs dead; gives you wings; and, 60% of the time, it works every time

Cheers everyone, sounds like another fad. I think I will pass on Bulletproof coffee!
 Shani 24 May 2014

It is absolute marketing bullshit. Joe arogan ripped massive holes through the supposed science behind it in a recent podcast.
 The Pylon King 24 May 2014

I see the moderators are all off down the pub again. Maybe its a good time for me to start a thread with lots of swearing in it.
 Kemics 24 May 2014
In reply to Shani:

Train by day....

Yeah I think the micotoxin angle has been widely discredited. That's not to say it's a bad coffee though, it just doesn't do anything other good quality coffee doesnt do too. You could put mct oil and butter with anything
 leland stamper 24 May 2014
In reply to tri-nitro-toulumne:

Not just any butter but yaks butter I seem to recall.
abseil 25 May 2014
In reply to leland stamper:

> Not just any butter but yaks butter I seem to recall.

And also salt - don't forget the salt - and also the butter is sometimes off or a bit rancid. I've had it too, more than once, and did NOT enjoy it. The hosts, though, were very hospitable.
 leland stamper 26 May 2014
In reply to abseil:

Could we get a marketing deal on that?
Antigua 26 May 2014
In reply to Bulls Crack:
> at which point the bullshit filter cut in

My bank holiday laugh out loud moment...... thanks!!

Just been perusing the website and its incredible how gullible people are but got to give the bloke full marks for his business idea though.

I've got some organic single estate coffee, some raw unsalted butter and a vitamix..... should I give it a go?
Post edited at 09:40
abseil 26 May 2014
In reply to leland stamper:
> (In reply to abseil)
>
> Could we get a marketing deal on that?

Absolutely yes! World, here we come! We'll make Starbux look like a hotdog stand!!!! (Exclamation mark overload sorry)
 Hannes 27 May 2014

Do people really buy into crap like this?

That was really a rhetorical question because I know they do but still, maybe I should go in to the alternative health market instead. I'm sure I'd earn a lot more money and not have to work weekends

Don't fancy adding the super-dooper-organic-grassfed-butter to my morning coffee, but I do add a spoonful of organic coconut oil. I've noticed no health benefits whatsoever, but it tastes pretty nice. =o)
 aln 27 May 2014
In reply to highaltitudebarista:
>I do add a spoonful of organic coconut oil.

Sounds minging. For anyone who has a stove top espresso maker, try adding a spoonful of poppy seeds.
Post edited at 13:23
 lost1977 27 May 2014
In reply to aln:

> >I do add a spoonful of organic coconut oil.

> Sounds minging. For anyone who has a stove top espresso maker, try adding a spoonful of poppy seeds.

actually its rather nice with coconut oil

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...