Off Belay forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Slightly difficult subject - voyeurism

Rob Exile Ward on 24 May 2014
My two youngest children may have been 'victims' of this man:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-east-wales-27479495

I don't intend to find out one way or another. But I have spoken at length to them, and they don't seem to be traumatised; a bit queasy maybe, perhaps a bit embarrassed, but frankly more concerned about his kids (who are still at their school) than being upset for themselves.

And I don't recognise the Judge's comments:

'nothing compared to the worry and real horror which is felt by parents who have trusted their children to you'

We don't feel horror. He was a nice bloke, everyone liked him, and the children felt safe with him; ironic, obviously, except that there are teachers the children feel uncomfortable with and he wasn't one of them, and they're not aware of anyone who was physically abused by him.

To our family this just seems a sad, weird, mental health issue with only the only real victims his family, and of course, himself ...

These sort of threads often descend into 'what would you think if it was your kids'... well, possibly they are, and now I can tell you.

... not showing 45 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums