UKC

GO PRO - advice

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 THE.WALRUS 25 May 2014
Anyone got experience using with GO PRO'?

Every time I download the contents of the memory card onto my computer, and then delete everything off the memory card, I get a 'card full' indicator on my GO-PRO and have to buy a new card!

Any ideas what's going wrong? Advice appreciated.

gouezeri 25 May 2014
In reply to THE.WALRUS:

Have you tried reformatting the card in the Go Pro?
Tangler 25 May 2014
In reply to THE.WALRUS:

According to the internets:-

"If you are downloading to a mac, you must move the file to trash and empty the trash while the camera is connected, or the card wont be emptied, but will look like it is."
gouezeri 25 May 2014
In reply to Tangler:

As Tangler says, Macs treat deleted files the same as on Linux. If you don't want to delete all your files from your Trash (so you can restore stuff if necessary). Just do the following:
http://gopro.com/support/articles/formatting-sd-card-with-hero3
OP THE.WALRUS 25 May 2014
In reply to gouezeri:

Thanks for the advice - sounds like I've been missing a trick.
gouezeri 25 May 2014
In reply to THE.WALRUS:

It was something I read quite a bit on the GoPro forums, as it's quick and you know that the card is good to go. The only reason I can think of for not doing it, is the good old trick of keeping a file on an SD with your home details on, in case you lose it.
OP THE.WALRUS 25 May 2014
In reply to gouezeri:

Good tip, i've added a file with contact details...
 rallymania 03 Jun 2014
In reply to THE.WALRUS:

Sorry, i usually reply to gopro related threads but i missed yours.

there is loads of great info here

http://goprouser.freeforums.org/

you might find useful
 Bilbo 03 Jun 2014
In reply to THE.WALRUS:

As others have suggested, I don't delete the files from the card whilst attached to my Mac. Just delete them on the camera. I've also found it can be glitchy connecting the GoPro to the Mac via the lead. Putting the mini SD into the SD converter and inserting this directly into the Mac seems to be a more reliable way of connecting.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...