UKC

Suggestions for bike storage

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 itsThere 01 Jun 2014
Looking for the help of ukc for suggestions for bike storage.

Whats better than a shed, thinking of buying one for my bike and another bike. It currently lives in my landlords garage which is left open alot. There is loads of other better stuff to nick if you knew it was open. My bike is locked but thats the best i can do and if i get another i dont want to leave expensive bikes out in the open too much, unless there is a better option.

I could hide a shed out in my garden but thats going to be less secure in the night than the garage. If i was going to steal anything I would still go for the garage.

Given that I will be here some time its worth buying something, but is there a better option than a shed. Something that could be insured.
 marsbar 01 Jun 2014
In reply to itsThere:

Some kind of lockable box inside the landlords garage maybe?
 mack 01 Jun 2014
In reply to itsThere:

Get a ground anchor, available at most motorbike and DIY shops, and secure it in the garage.. the anchors can usually be secured to the floor or wall.. use a big chain through the bike and anchor..

OR

if you want a shed then put down some concrete blocks first, then shed on top.. ground anchor secured to blocks, big chain connected to anchor and up through floor of shed, through bike. safe and secure!
andymac 01 Jun 2014
In reply to itsThere:

I keep my bike in the house.

Most people I know with expensive bikes do likewise
OP itsThere 01 Jun 2014
There isnt space to keep it inside, but the blocks and chain sounds like the best bet. Its a nice area anyway.
andymac 01 Jun 2014
In reply to itsThere:

I made space .

I put the Chippendale dresser outside and took the bike in.
 tony 02 Jun 2014
In reply to itsThere:

You might want to look at the offerings here:
http://www.asgardsss.co.uk/bike-cycle-storage

Not quite as full-on as a shed, but designed specifically for bikes with some heavy-duty security options.
 Fraser 02 Jun 2014

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...