UKC

Classic Rock, But Peak Only?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
I'm in the process of gaining leading experience sub-VS and, being a bit of a list-ticker, thought that it might be a good idea to work through or create some kind of goal list to work through.

There have been some good topics on here recently such as lists for solid VS leaders and such like and there is obviously the Classic Rock sub-VS tick list but I'm wondering if there is something similar to the Classic Rock list but Peak only – a tick list for Peak < VS which would provide a good well-rounded learning curve?

I'm based in Staffs with good access to the Peak, hence me looking for a local-ish list.
In reply to stevemarkperry:

The graded list in On Peak Rock (pp.404-405) is pretty good.
 Offwidth 02 Jun 2014
In reply to Gordon Stainforth:

Albeit best taken with a pinch of salt as grades have drifted a little since then. The national linkage was useful in that list.
In reply to Offwidth:

I've not bought Peak Rock yet but that's just upped it's priority, thanks.

Some good top-10s there, Offwidth. Are they your top-10s or have they been collated from a group?
 Offwidth 02 Jun 2014
Mine and Moffs with obvious thanks to many of the climbers in the acknowledgements page. One or the other of us (usually both) has climbed every route we list unless it states otherwise. We did most of this during well over a decade of BMC volunteer duties.

Try on the internet for On Peak Rock you get some bargains at times and it's a brillinat read and the only guide to group crags by user group/type which was really useful (but you need the hardback first edition for all the details on that, not the softbound reprint).
Post edited at 14:47
 Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 02 Jun 2014

The Rockfax database has a neat feature, select three stars and up to VS and you can generate a tick-list:

http://www.rockfax.com/databases/expert.html

Western Grit = 46 results
Eastern Grit = 51 results

Chris
 Offwidth 02 Jun 2014
In reply to Chris Craggs:

Same text as the gudebook init? I prefer the user added lists.
 Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 02 Jun 2014
In reply to Offwidth:

> Same text as the gudebook init? I prefer the user added lists.

It wasn't for you and I wasn't offering the descriptions but an easy and flexible way to generate and print out a ticklist,

Chris

That's useful, also. Thanks, Chris.
 FreshSlate 02 Jun 2014

Didn't know about this feature. Cheers chris.
 Ander 02 Jun 2014

Have you scoured these?
http://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/sets.html
In reply to Offwidth:

I've managed to find a good copy of the first edition of this. Are there many other changes between editions?
 Offwidth 02 Jun 2014

The main thing I noticed was losing the crag suitability matrix which was daft as it was one of the best features. There may have been the odd grade change but I didn't monitor those...maybe I should look if I have time when I update Offwidth for the new Peak Bouldering this summer.
In reply to Offwidth:

Thanks, Offwidth, most useful. Your website is a nice resource, also. Keep up the great work.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...