UKC

Eric "Winkle" Brown

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mypyrex 02 Jun 2014
Good programme last night: Britain's Greatest Pilot. A fascinating man and a real gentleman. Not only did my father work, all too briefly, with him but I had the honour and privilege of meeting him last year. He's remarkably chipper at 95. He should have been knighted long ago.
 deepstar 02 Jun 2014
In reply to mypyrex:

Really enjoyed that programme,what a smashing chap.He certainly used up his nine lives.
 hokkyokusei 02 Jun 2014
In reply to mypyrex:

> Good programme last night: Britain's Greatest Pilot. A fascinating man and a real gentleman. Not only did my father work, all too briefly, with him but I had the honour and privilege of meeting him last year. He's remarkably chipper at 95. He should have been knighted long ago.

Looking forward to watching this tonight. Several of my mates have met him and all were suitably impressed.
 Niall B 02 Jun 2014
In reply to mypyrex:

Read the biography he wrote called 'Wings on My sleeve'. He had some of the most astonishing experiences/adventures all crammed into one lifetime. Not spectacularly well written but well worth a look. You couldn't make half of it up!
 Ann S 03 Jun 2014
In reply to mypyrex:

Watched this with slack jawed astonishment that one life could have encompassed so much.

Pyreneenemec 12 Jun 2014
In reply to mypyrex:

Thanks for that !

Downloaded and watched this afternoon, thoroughly enjoyed.

I'll certainly be buying his autobiography.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...