UKC

Things that are terrifying, but become normalised very quickly!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 The New NickB 03 Jun 2014
I went to Machester Velodrome last night and did my first ever bit of track cycling. Fixed wheel, no brakes, 20 foot up 42 degree banking, all a bit scary and intimidating. Certainly had heart racing for the first few laps. Half an hour later it was second nature, riding in groups and taking part in training drills and races.

What have you done that seems very scary at first, but pretty natural in a short period of time?
 MG 03 Jun 2014
In reply to The New NickB:

Very similar experience skiing down a narrow track with berms at each hairpin(the bit to Chamonix after the Valle Blanhce). The cost of failure would be flying off into the trees. The first couple were scary; the last ten great fun!

Getting knee down on a fast bend on a motorbike. Used to practice at local roundabouts, then progressed to the Tring roundabout off the A41 (used to be like the Isle of Man TT on a sunday morning until the police cottoned onto it) then I realised track days were safer and faster.
 lost1977 03 Jun 2014

Velodrome banking still intimidates me a little but that feeling when you drop in from the top to the straight I love
 Ava Adore 03 Jun 2014

Having only recently learned to ride a bike, I find fast downhills very intimidating. But as the riding session progresses, I enjoy it more and more!
 seankenny 03 Jun 2014

> What have you done that seems very scary at first, but pretty natural in a short period of time?

Going to school for the first time.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...