UKC

'Vapers'

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Jim C 05 Jun 2014
I have noticed that the little market stall holder in my town centre is doing a good trade with 'Vapers'

Electronic cigarettes and a range of solutions are sold in sweet flavours along with the sweets that he used to sell .

http://www.vapertrail.co.uk/

I see BBC2 has a programme on the subject right now. I wonder if pubs will be filled with 'smoke' all over again ?
 lost1977 06 Jun 2014
In reply to Jim C:

If it wasn't for Ecigs I would be smoking real cigarettes
 Dax H 06 Jun 2014
In reply to lost1977:

> If it wasn't for Ecigs I would be smoking real cigarettes

You and many others.
Almost all the smoker's I know now vape instead and have been gradually cutting the nicotine levels in the liquid too.
 butteredfrog 06 Jun 2014
In reply to Jim C:

Its not smoke, its steam.

Managed to almost quit the fags without resorting to the ecig (had 3 since Christmas when drunk). I do know of a few people who use them instead of cigs, including one person in their 60's with a lifelong 40+ a day habit. His health seems to have improved noticeably in the last 18 months.

Not a bad thing IMO, certainly better than cigs.
 deepsoup 06 Jun 2014
In reply to Jim C:
http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/health/no-way-tobacco-product-might-turn...

> I wonder if pubs will be filled with 'smoke' all over again ?
I doesn't hang in the air long enough for that, basically being a whiff of steam and all. Still, as long as I'm not going home red-eyed and stinking of it, I'll probably not mind too much.
 Mikkel 06 Jun 2014
In reply to deepsoup:

we had a weird nasty smell at work for some weeks, smelled like if someone had washed their clothes in stale beer, boiled cabbage.

Turned out it was one guy sat vaping away with some nasty fluid, think they are still discussing if they are to ban them in the office.
 gdnknf 06 Jun 2014
In reply to Jim C:
They have been banned in many of my local pubs and shopping centre. It didn't take long.

The smell of vanilla, watermelon and cherry steam swishing round your ale, I'd rather have the tobacco smell.
Post edited at 13:53
 Siward 06 Jun 2014
In reply to gdnknf:

The EU are considering recategorising them as medicines IIRC, which will render them less available than real cigarettes. Seems bonkers to me.
Jim C 06 Jun 2014
In reply to lost1977:
That seems to be the plus side, and maybe there is no downside, time will tell.
 Xharlie 06 Jun 2014
In reply to gdnknf:

Ban them!

Someone sat down next to me on a London bus with one of these devices. Apart from the absence of physical ash blowing about, they are no less intrusive than cigarettes.

Medical research is conflicted, true, but there are many studies claiming that they might be no less harmful.
 Ava Adore 06 Jun 2014
In reply to Mikkel:

Our company has banned smoking of any kind (including eCigs) in the office.
Al Clark 06 Jun 2014
In reply to Jim C:

They been a godsend to me, and a few friends, A shop opened up in my home town over a year ago, I now only know 2 folk that smoke, everyong else are vaping.

Obviously long term effects of the chemical that is being vapourised is not known but the thing that kills when you smoke is the hot noxuous smoke entering your lungs along with 4000 toxic chemicals!!

I have a friend who has lung disease and within a week of him vaping he was not grey any more, his lung vapacity increased by 20% over a year and the doctors have said it has added years to his life.

For me (16 months on vape) My fitness and recovery time is brilliant, My mrs says I look years younger and hangovers are non exsistant.

I believe this will prolong the life of many ex smokers and keep them off the evil weed, they are even selling e cigs in boots the chemist and tesco pharmacy!!
Lusk 06 Jun 2014
In reply to Xharlie:

> ............. but there are many studies claiming that they might be no less harmful.

Care to share any of them with us Vapourers?

Or are you like the Welsh Health Minister on the radio the other week, he couldn't cite a single study to backup his claims.
 Firestarter 06 Jun 2014
In reply to Al Clark:

And me - I think we should start a petition. I'll stop vaping in public if farting in a communal area is also banned. Any other vapers want in?!
 deepsoup 06 Jun 2014
In reply to Firestarter:
> I'll stop vaping in public if farting in a communal area is also banned.

It is though, isn't it, if only by social convention. And farting in a lift is wrong on several different levels.
 balmybaldwin 06 Jun 2014
In reply to Xharlie:

Should we ban perfume too? Some people really stink of it - and it's just as nasty.

Can you link to these studies showing that they are no less harmful?

balmybaldwin 06 Jun 2014
In reply to Xharlie:

All that says is they may not be harmless not that they are no less harmful than cigarettes.
Lusk 06 Jun 2014
In reply to Xharlie:

"The long-term biological effects of use are still unknown, the authors said."

You need to try harder!
 Firestarter 06 Jun 2014
In reply to deepsoup:

> It is though, isn't it, if only by social convention. And farting in a lift is wrong on several different levels.

Not in the circles I move in - nothing more guaranteed to make grown men giggle.
 deepsoup 06 Jun 2014
In reply to balmybaldwin:
> Should we ban perfume too? Some people really stink of it - and it's just as nasty.

True. There are a couple of blokes I occasionally work with who seem to marinade themselves in some kind of after shave every morning and its grim. One of them sometimes gives me a sneezing fit.

Still a lot less unpleasant than the air in my local pub before the 2007 ban came in though.
 Timmd 06 Jun 2014
In reply to deepsoup:
> It is though, isn't it, if only by social convention. And farting in a lift is wrong on several different levels.

I can't remember ever farting in a lift but I could see the appeal if one was in a certain mood.

I'm more considerate than that though. ()
Post edited at 19:07

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...