UKC

Heathrow drop off with a high topped vehicle

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 bigbobbyking 06 Jun 2014
I am dropping a friend at Heathrow terminal 3 next week, but I'm worried I won't be able to get my car to the drop off point as I'll have a bike on the roof. Any Heathrow regulars know if there are height restricting barriers? Assuming there are, any ideas where to drop off instead?
 ebygomm 06 Jun 2014
In reply to bigbobbyking:

I don't recall there being any when I was there recently but lots of work going on and terminal 2 now opened so could have all changed.
 gribble 06 Jun 2014

I'd imagine access will be tall enough for high topped mini-buses if that's any help?
ashuk 06 Jun 2014
If you can fit through the approach tunnel you'll be ok at 3.

It's 1 and 4 with 6.5' and 7'.

Sat Nav. it with TW6 1QG

but 1st rule is keep the eyes peeled.
 LastBoyScout 06 Jun 2014

The planes don't seem to have any problems dropping off - those A380s are pretty high, even without a bike on the roof
OP bigbobbyking 06 Jun 2014

Thanks for the info people.
 Man city 07 Jun 2014

I have been working on the new terminal 2a since 2010, so know all the in & outs.
Best place is T1 drop off up the ramp after the tunnel, it's obvious. As you go up the ramp keep left and your laughing. It's not as busy there either. My wife has picked me up from there several times in our Cali so don't suspect you have any worries.
Getting to the other terminals , even t5/4 via the underground is super easy from T1

Hope this helps

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...