UKC

Half Way

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mypyrex 08 Jun 2014

Well, last Friday I had my third chemo session of six. Yes, I've had bad days but generally I feel as good now as I have for a long time. The GP tells me that some people sail through chemo. Hopefully I'm one. Although most of my hair has gone I've still got a stubble and the eye brows are still intact. A small price to pay. Also, the consultant tells me everything is going to plan.
Post edited at 17:24
mgco3 08 Jun 2014
In reply to mypyrex:

Dig hard and hang in there. I am sure in a year or so you will look back on the whole thing as another "mountain" that you had to climb. Painful and difficult at the time but worth it all in the long run.

Doug 08 Jun 2014
In reply to mypyrex:
Good luck, my Mother in Law has her 2nd session on Wednesday & we're hoping she'll have as few problems as with the first so encouraging to hear of others who have coped well
Post edited at 17:39
OP mypyrex 08 Jun 2014
In reply to mgco3:

> Dig hard and hang in there. I am sure in a year or so you will look back on the whole thing as another "mountain" that you had to climb.
Indeed; I was only using that analogy the other day - along with "light at the end of the tunnel". I look back now and think that the worst time was all the uncertainty and waiting for diagnoses.
 Dax H 08 Jun 2014
In reply to mypyrex:
Half way is half way, every day is a blessing.
Hope everything carries on as well as the first half.
OP mypyrex 08 Jun 2014

Having led a reasonably active live I find myself counting my blessings that I was not diagnosed with something like MS or Motor Neuron Disease. At least, when I am through it I am highly hopeful of getting on to the hills again.
Post edited at 18:53
 nw 08 Jun 2014
In reply to mypyrex:

Stay positive
OP mypyrex 08 Jun 2014
(In a way I think I already feel stronger, mentally if not yet physically, than I did before it all kicked off. Anyone else had a similar experience?
 Thrudge 08 Jun 2014
In reply to mypyrex:

Great to hear it's going well for you, mate. Excellent stuff!
 Denni 08 Jun 2014
In reply to Tony Naylor:
Onwards and upwards matey, good man
Post edited at 19:59
Removed User 08 Jun 2014
In reply to mypyrex:

Staying positive is a big part of it, so you are winning on that front. If it helps I'm rooting for you, and thinking positive things as well.
 Niall_H 08 Jun 2014
In reply to mypyrex:

I hope the second half goes smoothly, too, and that things keep going to plan.
 ThunderCat 08 Jun 2014
In reply to mypyrex:

I have absolutely no comparable experience to what you're going through fella, but just thought I'd add my support and hope the treatment continues going smoothly.

Bet wishes. Keep us informed.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...