UKC

Free Motorhome spots near Glasgow

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Swampi 08 Jun 2014
My girlfriend and I are about to move up to Glasgow next week, but before we get established we hope to live on the cheap in her parents motorhome. My question is - does anyone know of any free spots where we could stay?

It doesn't have to be in the inner city, in fact preferably not, but could be out in the surrounding countryside, say heading out towards Lock Lomond. Bare in mind the motorhome is eff'in huge so we won't be able to drive down any tiny roads. And the location would need decent transport links into the centre to aid our job hunting.

Any help would be mucho appreciated...
Graeme G 09 Jun 2014
In reply to Swampi:

I would suggest getting your spelling of local National Parks right before moving up here (Loch!!!) otherwise you'll get lynched.

Sharp 09 Jun 2014
In reply to Swampi:
Loch Lomond is quite unfriendly to wild campervanners for obvious reasons and you don't want to be there anyway. To the west of the Loch past Arrochar you'll find places but it's a fair drive. Maybe good for the odd night when you're not going to be going to be job hunting the next day. I'd look somewhere in between Aberfoyle and the big smoke depending on how far you want to drive, once you pass Milngavie you'll find places and that's only 20 mins from the town.
Post edited at 09:58
 Flinticus 09 Jun 2014
In reply to Swampi:

You just looking for some place you could park up? Not hook up with services etc?
In reply to Swampi:

the car park in the sky at Gleniffer Braes is a great spot.

Plenty of entertainment too.
Swampi 09 Jun 2014
In reply to Flinticus:

Both really. Originally we we're hoping to just park up somewhere, but it's starting to look like hooking up in a legit campsite will be much easier to start with.

Ben Sharp / lost1977 - thanks for the info! There's a site near Milngavie I found through the link provided. Looks like a good option for us to start with, plus we've got potential for just parking up north of there if finances get tight. Cheers.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...