UKC

New New Quarry Traverse

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 squicky 12 Jun 2014
Would anyone like to hazard what E grade this might get if it wasn't half a metre off the ground? More in terms of how sustained it is (feels like there are about 5 cruxes) than how blood the great might be.

And in general, can polish be used to change the grade? There is an awful lot of polish on some parts of this!
 Monk 12 Jun 2014
In reply to squicky:
I find this hard to gauge, but it's about French 6b+ or 6c, so I guess would be about e3. It's only sustained for 5-8m at a time with hands free rests so probably not worth a higher grade even though I think the crux sections are quite hard (i'm convinced there are 6a moves).
Post edited at 22:37
 Bobling 12 Jun 2014
In reply to squicky:

The crux for me is getting on the thing now the routes in there have been given a spruce up. Not been down this summer though so maybe it's a bit less crowded than it was last summer!
OP squicky 13 Jun 2014
In reply to Monk:

Cheers, I would probably have said about the same but I never rest properly (what's the point if you're doing it as a training route) so that makes it a bit more sustained.

There aren't that many people doing the newly bolted lines but as it is so close to the ground you can always jump off and skirt around them if you need to!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...