UKC

Las Vegas to Portland, OR

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Antigua 12 Jun 2014
Going to be in Las Vegas soon and the place bores the hell out of me. After a couple of days climbing at Red Rock Canyon I thought I'd head up to Portland and back via San Francisco.

Having trouble getting an itinerary that doesn't include a 32hr each way nightmare on a Greyhound way or a $500++ plane ticket.

So wanted chuck it out there before I can it. Anyone have any ideas?

Yes, yes I'm fully aware its 1000 odd miles
 Neil 13 Jun 2014
In reply to Antigua:

You should really cycle there on a strange home made freak bike. Don't forget to stop for a coffee every 5 miles.

Good luck
Neil
 nufkin 13 Jun 2014
In reply to Antigua:

> Having trouble getting an itinerary that doesn't include a 32hr each way nightmare on a Greyhound way or a $500++ plane ticket.

I'd have thought the only alternative for that trip would be to rent a car. Might not be too expensive if you stay small and return it where you got it, but then there's also fuel costs and a lot of tedious driving
 d508934 13 Jun 2014
In reply to Antigua:

have done this exact journey before and went with greyhound. as you say it wasn't a lot of fun but it was cheap if not exactly cheerful.remember the people sat behind us talking openly about who they had shot recently and various prison terms.

maybe amtrak is an option for going by train. gotta be better than greyhound!
 HakanT 13 Jun 2014
In reply to Antigua:

Check jetblue.com. I saw tickets for $390. I have done a couple of Greyhound trips, one included transport of a prisoner in handcuffs. It's a cultural experience, but it gets old.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...