UKC

Sorry about the singing!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Lessworkmoreclimbing 15 Jun 2014
Whilst seconding the first pitch of a route today some people walked past and I overheard "the crux of that route is stepping right from where he's belayed...." Not wanting either to gain beta or be put off leading the crux top pitch, I immediately burst into emergency singing to drown out the rest of what they said. So, sorry about the singing! Does anyone else think it might be bad form to loudly discuss the route someone's about to climb?
 The Pylon King 15 Jun 2014
In reply to Lessworkmoreclimbing:

> Does anyone else think it might be bad form to loudly discuss the route someone's about to climb?

Yes, i have been known to tell them to STFU!

Chris Murray 15 Jun 2014
In reply to Lessworkmoreclimbing:

I think people are pretty much free to say whatever they want between 7am and 11pm.

Do you redact your climbing guide with black marker pen to avoid "beta" information?
Lessworkmoreclimbing 16 Jun 2014
In reply to Le Chevalier Mal Fet:

They can say what they want but i'd rather they didn't hence they might be met with tuneless singing or a STFU.
I'm sure most people including me read the guidebook description, they're usually well planned to give enough to do the route but not enough to spoil any surprises.
if it was you who I sang tunelessly at - fyi I did the route and it was much more fun as an onsight than it would have been had i listened to the beta (or was it talk of a death fall from the crux?)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...