UKC

Kid drives onto brands hatch circuit during a race

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 balmybaldwin 17 Jun 2014

Ignoring the pleas of his girlfriend:

Idiotic teenagers make fools of themselves at Bra…: youtube.com/watch?v=kAPT72Mzt2c&

Police have arrested the driver on suspicion of false imprisonment

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/114482
Post edited at 00:16
 FactorXXX 17 Jun 2014
In reply to balmybaldwin:

Similar, though more dangerous and obviously private, to the Boat Race Swimmer and he got 6 months: -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-20003058
 Shani 17 Jun 2014
> Ignoring the pleas of his girlfriend:
>
> Idiotic teenagers make fools of themselves at Bra…: youtube.com/watch?v=kAPT72Mzt2c&
>
> Police have arrested the driver on suspicion of false imprisonment

False imprisonment? Looks to me like the police are trying to throw the book at this guy....and the kitchen sink.
cap'nChino 17 Jun 2014
In reply to FactorXXX:

Just crush his car while he watches. Should make others think twice.
Removed User 17 Jun 2014
In reply to cap'nChino:

> Just crush his car while he watches. Should make others think twice.

Listening to the conversation it sounds like he was driving her car.
 rallymania 17 Jun 2014
In reply to Removed User:

sounds like someone needs to dump her BF then
 jkarran 17 Jun 2014

Doesn't seem like a particularly appropriate charge on the strength of that video but perhaps that's all they think can be made to stick. Anyway, what a complete prat!

jk
OP balmybaldwin 17 Jun 2014
In reply to jkarran:

Agree, I suppose he can't be done for driving without insurance (except possibly getting there) but that is just a slap on the wrist. Otherwise it would be trespass and that's about it.
 timjones 17 Jun 2014

> Agree, I suppose he can't be done for driving without insurance (except possibly getting there) but that is just a slap on the wrist. Otherwise it would be trespass and that's about it.

I suspect that realistically trespass is just about the only offence that was committed unless the GF will testify that her car was stolen.

More realistically the race organisers need to be asked how this was able to happen.
 jkarran 17 Jun 2014
In reply to timjones:

> More realistically the race organisers need to be asked how this was able to happen.

He clearly went to great length deliberately driving through a garage to access the pit lane, it's not like he accidentally took a wrong turn out of the car park straight onto the track. It's a club race weekend, not a super-max prison. You could say this should have been impossible (I've been to international touring car events where you could do this) but then where do you stop, barrage balloons to stop light aircraft landing on the circuit...?

I guess some circuit specific lessons will be learned but as with most things in life you do to some extent have to rely on people not acting like monumental bellends for their own sake.

jk
 wynaptomos 17 Jun 2014

Is it just me that thought it was quite funny? Not surprising that teenagers would get up to pranks like this.

Amazed that snyone is able to just drive through on to the track like that though.....
In reply to wynaptomos:

He was challenged, but the drivers response was F*** him and carried on.
In reply to timjones:
> (In reply to balmybaldwin)
>
> [...]
>
> I suspect that realistically trespass is just about the only offence that was committed unless the GF will testify that her car was stolen.
>

Not sure they need this given the video shows her clearly demanding he stop the car and therefore driving it without her permission but its a tricky one to deal with. I suspect he will also be hit by a lifetime ban from any motor racing events (although how enforceable this is or whether it would actually bother him who knows)
 timjones 17 Jun 2014

> Not sure they need this given the video shows her clearly demanding he stop the car and therefore driving it without her permission but its a tricky one to deal with.

I'd say that she was flipping between "don't do it" and accepting it. Even with the video, i would hope that you can't be convicted unless the owned testifies.

> I suspect he will also be hit by a lifetime ban from any motor racing events (although how enforceable this is or whether it would actually bother him who knows)

I'm inclined to think that it would make bans that are unenforceable do like more than make the law look silly.

timjones 17 Jun 2014
In reply to jkarran:

> He clearly went to great length deliberately driving through a garage to access the pit lane, it's not like he accidentally took a wrong turn out of the car park straight onto the track. It's a club race weekend, not a super-max prison. You could say this should have been impossible (I've been to international touring car events where you could do this) but then where do you stop, barrage balloons to stop light aircraft landing on the circuit...?

> I guess some circuit specific lessons will be learned but as with most things in life you do to some extent have to rely on people not acting like monumental bellends for their own sake.

> jk

It's not exactly rocket science to have a marshall on a gate or barrier checking passes and controlling access to the pit lane.
 winhill 17 Jun 2014
In reply to Shani:

> False imprisonment? Looks to me like the police are trying to throw the book at this guy....and the kitchen sink.

Yes, it's noticeable how quickly she calms down and offers to do the talking when they stop.
 Shani 17 Jun 2014
In reply to winhill:

> Yes, it's noticeable how quickly she calms down and offers to do the talking when they stop.

I think that the track authorities and the police are worried that if this guy gets off lightly then a lot of testosterone-driven (foolish) young men will attempt to get a free track day!
Bellie 17 Jun 2014
Can someone post a youtube clip of the scene when the father* of the girl catches up with the BF.

Hopefully proud geezer Dad, who bought his princess the car for passing her exams ; )

rogersavery 17 Jun 2014
In reply to wynaptomos

>Is it just me that thought it was quite funny?

I thought is was really funny - anyone who thinks the girl was not onboard with the idea initially is deluding themselves

It remind me of this video - youtube.com/watch?v=mouMMOraPyw&

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...