UKC

Tony Blair

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 icnoble 17 Jun 2014
If you missed the Andrew Marr show on Sunday, Tony Blair was interviewed, well worth watching. This article in todays Mail sums him up very well.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/columnists/columnist-1069309/Simon-Heffer.html
 Sharp 17 Jun 2014
In reply to icnoble:

> This article in todays Mail sums him up very well.

I have my doubts about that statement
 toad 17 Jun 2014
In reply to icnoble:

Simon Heffer? He ain't getting my clicks.
 deepsoup 17 Jun 2014
In reply to icnoble:

Again (as with Bojo): http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/politics/politics-headlines/blair-unhinged-sa...

Or am I misjudging Simon Heffer?
The only thing a quick googling turns up that he wrote about Iraq at the time is this:

http://www.spectator.co.uk/features/11322/good-things-are-happening-in-iraq
 deepsoup 17 Jun 2014
In reply to Sharp:
Rightly so. I'd not heard of Heffer before. I've read two of his articles now, and he definitely does seem to be a Daily Mail columnist.
 rj_townsend 17 Jun 2014
In reply to icnoble:

Let me know if Blair is announcing that he is going to be publicly castrated on live TV - only then will I bother watching or listening to what the smug, lying evil piece of filth has to say.
In reply to rj_townsend:

> Let me know if Blair is announcing that he is going to be publicly castrated on live TV - only then will I bother watching or listening to what the smug, lying evil piece of filth has to say.

Seconded.
 philpdr 17 Jun 2014
In reply to rj_townsend:

Well said!
 mrgleb 18 Jun 2014
In reply to icnoble:

Marr and Blair , one a war criminal and the other an accessory to war crimes. What a delusional monster Blair is.
In reply to mrgleb:

With a face that's screaming out for a vigorous application of cricket bat.
 mrgleb 18 Jun 2014
In reply to icnoble:

But the system let him do it. A plague on all their houses !
 Timmd 18 Jun 2014
In reply to mrgleb:

> Marr and Blair , one a war criminal and the other an accessory to war crimes. What a delusional monster Blair is.

How is Marr connected to war crimes?
OP icnoble 18 Jun 2014
In reply to rj_townsend:

> Let me know if Blair is announcing that he is going to be publicly castrated on live TV - only then will I bother watching or listening to what the smug, lying evil piece of filth has to say.

Thirded. Also castrated without anaesthetic.
 mrgleb 19 Jun 2014
In reply to Timmd:

Marr does not report the news , Marr just states the claims of people like Blair as fact. If Blair says the war is about freedom, then it's reported as a fact by Marr, not just as a claim by Blair. Of course it's about the oil , we all know that but Marr seems unable to report this.
In reply to mrgleb:

I know I shouldn't bother, but just for fun - do you have any notion at all of how much oil Iraq sells to Britain?

jcm
 Postmanpat 19 Jun 2014
In reply to mrgleb:

> Marr does not report the news , Marr just states the claims of people like Blair as fact. If Blair says the war is about freedom, then it's reported as a fact by Marr, not just as a claim by Blair. Of course it's about the oil , we all know that but Marr seems unable to report this.

1) No Marr doesn't state that as fact.

2) It's not just about the oil but I'll leave JCM to waste time explaining why. He has more patience.
 drunken monkey 19 Jun 2014
In reply to johncoxmysteriously:

Probably not a lot. The money for the UK is in UK Companies providing equipment and people to extract it and run their plant.

I'd imagine a fair whack of their oil goes to China.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...