UKC

Compact wired AZERTY keyboard for PC

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Blue Straggler 20 Jun 2014

Tapping into the hive mind as it is late at night and my Google-fu is weak.

I need an AZERTY keyboard for a continental customer. It must be compact - I can live without a numeric keypad on the right, for example. No trackball or touchpad(*) - they want a mouse. The keyboard is to sit on a tray attached to the side of a machine. The max space available on the tray is 40cm * 16cm.

For a semi-industrial environment but I don't need to spec an "industrial" keyboard - none of this rubber nonsense. Just something decent quality.

My lazy Googling / Amazon is giving me a few distant links, and lots of stuff for laptops and Blackberries. I am searching "Compact AZERTY keyboard", am I missing a search term? "Wired"? "PC"? "Desktop"?

Any recommendations welcome

Thanks
oh we need it ASAP as well I doubt many high street shops sell such things though...

am I best off on amazon.fr, amazon.de etc?

edit...
here is one, seems expensive!
http://www.amazon.co.uk/KBT-Pure-Pro-Mechanical-Backlight-/dp/B00A2LLDI0/re...
Post edited at 00:10
 Hairy Pete 20 Jun 2014
In reply to Blue Straggler:
Lie! Tell amazon or who ever that you're in France.

Find a Qwerty keyboard that fits the bill. Note the manufacturer and part number and look for the French version.

Buy a Qwerty, pull the keys off and put them in the right place. They're all the same buttons under the key caps.

Edit: I'm serious about swapping the key caps - it's the PC that maps the buttons to the letters - try it, change your locale to a french region.
Post edited at 00:35
In reply to Removed User:

Nice try but not compact. I don't want those numeric keypads, they make them too big. So add "compact" to search terms, and you get a load of Blackberry stuff and not so many wired USB keyboards. Thanks
Removed User 20 Jun 2014
> I don't want those numeric keypads, they make them too big.

I think you mean they make them regular sized and your size requirements are too small, but I suppose that's irrelevant.

Why can't you use a bluetooth board instead of wired?
Post edited at 00:51
> I think you mean they make them regular sized and your size requirements are too small, but I suppose that's irrelevant.

This almost looks like you are trying to create a spat within a thread about keyboards! Only almost though

> Why can't you use a bluetooth board instead of wired?

The PC is inside a machine that is at least SUPPOSED to be EMC protected. Anything wireless would make a mockery of this.
Post edited at 01:36
Removed User 20 Jun 2014
Sorry about that, missed the smiley off the end that was meant to lighten the comment! It just amused me at the time

This might help by way of an apology:-

http://tinyurl.com/p6u7rmt (had to use tinyurl because you can't link directly to ebay on this site)
Post edited at 10:04
 Doug 20 Jun 2014

maybe try searching for 'clavier AZERTY' - plenty for sale here (Paris)

Thanks all. Now that it is not midnight after a crazy long working day, I have sorted this (well, I have delegated the task. To the customer )

Cheers

edit - removed the "compact" requirement, there is no merit in it
Post edited at 10:18

No worries, I was a little cranky last night ! Ta

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...