UKC

Garmin Connect Upload Problem

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 NMN 22 Jun 2014
As of 16th June the uploads from my garmin forerunner 405 are not showing elevation gain.
They show distance, time, pace and calories only.
There is no elevation gain stated, no map, no timing chart and no elevation chart.

Any idea why this might be?
 balmybaldwin 22 Jun 2014
In reply to NMN:

Occasionally the altitude services go down, but this sounds like its happenned a few times?

Try uploading to a different site like strava.com or to garmin training centre ( the pc software you can download if you dont want to use the connect online service.

If you use training centre, you can views the gpx files produced and see if the location info is being recorded correctly
OP NMN 23 Jun 2014
In reply to balmybaldwin:

Good idea, I'd completely forgotten that garmin training centre existed.
I'm afraid from the same date in garmin training centre is gives no elevation and states that 'there is no graph'.

Does this mean that the watch is knackered?
 balmybaldwin 23 Jun 2014
In reply to NMN:

Could be, but it could be as simple as you've turned the gps off accidentally - have a look through all the settings

Did you say you are getting speed and distance though?
 John Lewis 23 Jun 2014
In reply to NMN:

Still working fine for me.
 Chris the Tall 23 Jun 2014
In reply to NMN:

Check the Garmin Forum and that you've got the latest firmware

My wife's FR220 completely stopped recording distance last week - turns out it was a known issue and the firmware upgrade fixed it.

Garmin Connect is a pretty rubbish website and the new look and feel makes it even worse. Never used Training Centre, but Garmin Basecamp is worth the effort to get to know - very powerful once who work it out
OP NMN 23 Jun 2014
In reply to all:

Thanks.
I think I need a new watch, it is getting a bit old now.
Yes, it is getting a gps signal.
I don't really understand how these things work but if it knows distance then it must know where I have been?

John, is yours a watch that uses GPS data for elevation, not barometric data?
I have a mate who's is working fine but I know it is a much better watch and may not be relying on the GPS data to calculate ascent.
 DancingOnRock 23 Jun 2014
In reply to NMN:
Export the data from garmin connect in tcx format and email it to me. I'll look at it for you.
Post edited at 22:35

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...