UKC

Anyone else think Elysium was a waste of a good opportunity?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Graeme G 23 Jun 2014
The missus fell asleep and i nearly did. How desperately disappointing.

It could and should have been brilliant.
 Dauphin 23 Jun 2014
In reply to Father Noel Furlong:

Shockingly shit. Turned into a turgid messianic drivel beast after 20 minutes. If it gives him enough money to make something as good or better then District 9 them it will have been worth it. I did watch it on a bad dvd copy from 9 for a dollar chinese bloke in the local so I shouldn't complain to much spose.

D
Graeme G 23 Jun 2014
In reply to Dauphin:

Good. It wasn't just me then.
 Blue Straggler 23 Jun 2014

I gave up halfway through the original trailer when it was being, er, trailed in the cinemas. All but one person who have commented on the film having actually seen it, have suggested that I did The Right Thing....
 d_b 26 Jun 2014

Damn. I just picked a copy up on a "2 for a tenner" deal at the coop.
chalky.hands 26 Jun 2014

A few decent-ish moments, I think it's more a case of expectations rising so high due to the directors previous revered work and then plummeting in the wake of mediocrity. Had it been billed as a mindless blockbuster it may have gained a better critical response a la "Edge of Tomorrow" which seemed to have caught audiences off guard enough to leave them with positive opinions, despite not really being very good (in my own estimation of course).
Post edited at 20:53
 Tom Valentine 27 Jun 2014
In reply to Blue Straggler:

I must be the one then. Though the end fight scenes are typical of modern movie exterminator trash, the first part of the film is quite compelling in its premise and it "looks" really good.
And i love the cheeky product placement(s)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...