UKC

NEWS: Silver for Shauna Coxsey in Haiyang IFSC World Cup

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 24 Jun 2014
Shauna Coxsey defending her lead in the IFSC Boulder World Cup, Haiyang, 2014, 3 kbThis weekend (20th and 21st of June 2014) saw the seventh round of the IFSC Bouldering World Cup held in Haiyang, China.

Shauna took Silver and so drops to second place overall going into the last round of the World Cup in Laval next weekend...

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=68997
In reply to UKC News:

Shauna is 9 points behind Akiyo. Or 5 points if you drop the worst score. The rankings have not updated
 Nick Russell 24 Jun 2014
In reply to Graeme Alderson:

but as far as I can tell, the assessment "needs to place in the top 3 and ahead of Akiyo" is still correct?
 winhill 24 Jun 2014

> Shauna is 9 points behind Akiyo. Or 5 points if you drop the worst score. The rankings have not updated

The whole thing seems pretty cocked up, the links are all confused and Anna Stöhr's results in complete too.
 winhill 24 Jun 2014
In reply to Nick Russell:

> but as far as I can tell, the assessment "needs to place in the top 3 and ahead of Akiyo" is still correct?

Just the ahead of Akiyo bit.
In reply to winhill:

No Top 3 and ahead of Akiyo is correct due to dropping the worst score

Ah ok, thanks for that Graeme - for me the results don't even come up on the IFSC website. I missed the event but heard Shauna was still in 1st place...

Thanks again,

Duncan
WillEveson 24 Jun 2014
In reply to UKC News:

Where is the footage from this event. It was 4 days at now.
In reply to WillEveson:

Exactly what I thought when I was trying to find the footage to embed it into the news item - doesn't look like they'll be releasing the footage.

Dunc
 abarro81 25 Jun 2014
In reply to Duncan Campbell - UKC:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svBb8HxoNQc
youtube.com/watch?v=4nGoXwgKHtg&
apparently they couldn't upload from China as youtube access is restricted
Post edited at 10:56
In reply to WillEveson:

The comp finished on Sunday so the guys left China on Monday, they got home LATE on Monday. Into the office sometime on Tuesday, unload etc then start uploading the footage from what was effectively 3 World Cups. Not really slow in my opinion
In reply to abarro81:

Ah winner! Forgot about the strange Chinese internet rules. Will get the footage embedded into the news report now.

Duncan
 winhill 25 Jun 2014

> No Top 3 and ahead of Akiyo is correct due to dropping the worst score

Can you show us the maffs?

The ratings are up now (but Anna's still missing results) but it still looks like she's on a theoretical maximum of 541 after 8 rounds, with Akiyo and Shauna on 508 and 505 respectively plus whatever they get in the 8th round?
In reply to winhill:

Rankings are here http://egw.ifsc-climbing.org/index.php?page_name=ranglist&cat=5&sho...

All Anna's scores are there.

Akiyo has 565 with a worst score of 4th (55 points) so if she comes 4th or worse she stays on the same points.

Shauna has 556 with a worst score of 5th (51 points) so if she comes 5th or worse she stays on the same points.

Shauna must obviously beat Akiyo in Laval to overhaul her in the rankings.

So Shauna comes 4th and Akiyo 5th we get the following

Akiyo 565+51-worst score (51) = 565
Shauna 556+55-worst score (51) = 560

If Shauna comes 3rd and Akiyo 4th we get the following

Akiyo 565+55-worst score (55) = 565
Shauna 556+65-worst score (51) = 570

Spengler 25 Jun 2014

It's been fantastic coverage this year, and the production values keep getting better each week. Really enjoyed watching it, so big thanks to everyone involved. It's free too, what's not to like?!
 Durbs 27 Jun 2014

> Shauna must obviously beat Akiyo in Laval to overhaul her in the rankings.

> So Shauna comes 4th and Akiyo 5th we get the following

> Akiyo 565+51-worst score (51) = 565

> Shauna 556+55-worst score (51) = 560

> If Shauna comes 3rd and Akiyo 4th we get the following

> Akiyo 565+55-worst score (55) = 565

> Shauna 556+65-worst score (51) = 570

Which makes for an absolute nail-biter of a final

Can't wait (and in Europe too so can watch live)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...