UKC

sport climbing in Sardinia, advice please?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 alancash100 25 Jun 2014
Rear all,

I might be going on holiday to Sardinia with wife and young kids. I need beach side, very easy single pitch sport routes as the wife has never climbed. Any advice?

Help greatly appreciated.

Al
 earlsdonwhu 25 Jun 2014
In reply to alancash100:

Cala Gonone is probably the best known resort but masses of other coastal and inland crags too. Not sure what time of year you are thinking of but having been in October, I think summer will be astonishingly hot and also heaving with tourists rather than climbers. If you are looking at out of season, I am sure it would fit the bill with easy access to easy and hard routes eg at Cala Fulili(sp?).
 Blue Straggler 25 Jun 2014
In reply to alancash100:

Easiest routes (a few decent F5) are at Biridiscotti I think. Walk in is charmless but short. Beach is a bit "meh".
 kingborris 25 Jun 2014
In reply to alancash100:

Santa Maria Navarrese is a nice little town with a beach (and loads of bays and other beaches near too), and there's a crag just above the harbour with a few 4's and 5's. There's also plenty of other crags near by (Baunei) also with easy routes (and plenty of harder stuff).

timjones 25 Jun 2014
In reply to Blue Straggler:

> Easiest routes (a few decent F5) are at Biridiscotti I think. Walk in is charmless but short. Beach is a bit "meh".

According to my recollection the easier routes at Biridiscotti are polished to death. Cala Fuilli is likely to be a better bet. Poltrona whilst not being on the beach has some newish easy bolted lines that are only a short walk from the car park making it easy to get in a decent number of routes before kids get bored.
OP alancash100 25 Jun 2014
In reply to alancash100:

Oh, thanks guys, yes I'm going in August - hot but I'm just thinking of doing a few casual routes with the missus.

Thanks again,

Al

11chen 03 Jul 2014
Hi, been there this june.
Go to Cala Gonone. Lots of easy to moderate routes next to the beach.
In the village ( or internet') you can buy a guide book called "Arrampicare a Cala Gonone", which covers all the spots and more then 900 routes in easy distances to go by car or by bike.

Good climbing, good food, but very popular.

Have fun
Stefan

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...