UKC

Scafell and Esk butress - are they dry?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Phil Ev 28 Jun 2014
Has anyone been up to Scafell and Esk butress in the last couple of days? Are they dry? Thinking of going up for sunday and monday, forecast looks ok but not sure if there has been much rain in the last week.

Thanks

Phil
 robmatheson 28 Jun 2014
In reply to Phil Ev:

Scafell is dry. Weather looks ok. The routes could do with some traffic as all but most popular are a little dirty. Come to the Lakes !!
Phil Ev 28 Jun 2014
In reply to robmatheson:

I'm on my way.

Cheers!

Phil
 Tom the tall 28 Jun 2014
In reply to Phil Ev:
Clagged in mizzle on Wednesday and Thursday when we were up there. Not rain as such, but everything was greasy. (We weren't climbing so no specific crag info sorry).

Dry with breeze and high cloud since, but not basking in sunshine.
Phil Ev 28 Jun 2014
In reply to Tom the tall:

Thanks Tom, Forecast is looking quite good for sunday, monday so hopefully the damp will dry off if the crags aren't seeping.

Cheers

Phil
In reply to Phil Ev:

Was on Pillar yesterday - everything dry as a bone despite some recent drizzle, so Esk and scafell should be similar.
Phil Ev 28 Jun 2014
In reply to Stephen Reid - Needle Sports:

Great, thanks Steven!

btw not sure if you'll remember me but I'm Phil from Backcountry UK in Ilkley, I fitted some touring boots for you a few years ago.

Cheers!

Phil
In reply to Phil Ev:

I do indeed - hope you had a couple of good days, though it may have been a bit chilly I fear.
 Rog Wilko 30 Jun 2014
In reply to Phil Ev:

Just in case there's any doubt - it has barely rained up here for about a month now, so even the odd damp day or heavy rain storm will only have a temporary effect. The high crags will be in as good a nick as they ever are. Only wish I could get up to them and still have energy to climb

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...