UKC

Brother is doing an Organ recital in Dundee's Caird Hall!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
contrariousjim 28 Jun 2014
Dear All,

If you live in and around Dundee and fancy the trip... ...my bro is playing an organ recital on Dundee's caird hall organ this Tuesday night - July 1st, 2014 @ 7.00 pm. Please come if you can, and spread the word to any music lover who might be interested:

Programme to include:
Wagner - Overture to Die Meistersinger (arr. Lamare)
John Ireland - Elegiac Romance
Percy Whitlock - Plymouth Suite
Irish Airs and Dances" (arr. Andrew Johnstone)
Mendelssohn - Prelude and Fugue (Op 35/6, arr Bossart/Wilson)

Blurb from the caird hall website:
Christian Wilson - Organist in the Chapel Royal at The Tower of London Praised for his 'wonderful technique...with clear-sighted intelligence' (Journal of the British Music Society) and 'incredibly imaginative accompaniment,' (BBC Radio 3). Christian Wilson has been hailed one of the leading organists and accompanists of his generation. He has performed as a soloist throughout Europe, USA and Australia and has appeared regularly on BBC radio and other European stations. The concerts last approximately 1 hour with the opportunity to meet and greet Christian Wilson in the cafe-bar following the performance. Tickets £4, Friends £3.50, Students £2, accompanied schoolchildren free. Dundee City Box Office Tel 01382 434940

http://www.cairdhall.co.uk/event/?id=14948
 Trangia 28 Jun 2014
In reply to contrariousjim:

Dundee is a bit far for me. Good luck and I hope the evening is a success.

Your brother sounds talented, but what has he done on Grit?
contrariousjim 28 Jun 2014
In reply to Trangia:

> Dundee is a bit far for me. Good luck and I hope the evening is a success.

Thanks!

> Your brother sounds talented, but what has he done on Grit?

Nothing so far as I know.. ..a little on the Brunel wall back in the day. He's very precious about his fingers..
 BigHairyIan 28 Jun 2014

Shared on Facebook.
 BusyLizzie 29 Jun 2014

I discovered a while ago that playing the organ straight after going to the climbing wall was a really bad idea.

Tell us when your bro is playing in London!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...