Running forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Basic running training - distance vs technique

Stig - on 04 Jul 2014
Hi,

Been taking my running more seriously recently for the first time in the last few years and am quite pleased with my times so far and would like to push a bit more and see what I can do (and I'm incorrigibly competitive ;-)

My training time is very limited - I rarely run more than once in the week and often more like once a fortnight, with a park run every few weeks and a mid week race maybe every couple of months. Climbing is by far a bigger priority and I do a couple of rides a week as well.

Been flicking through a few books about running and I think I would like prefer to work more on technique to see improvement given the above and also as I feel I tend to get injured more with longer distances. In any case I only want to perform well at 5k (park runs); 5/6 mile road or trail races, and more occasional 10k s. Not sure I can even be bothered to do a half but wouldn't entirely rule it out.

So in terms of technique I was looking at front foot running/Evolution(?) - is this bobbins or worth looking into? I am completely ignorant about training techniques. All I know is to do basic speed work (not sure I do it right) and to just go out and stick to various pacings. Should I do more volume?

... not showing 24 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums