UKC

Sport climbing near Coventry

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 harrowgrah 10 Jul 2014
Hey folks,

I'm wondering if anyone has any information of decent sport climbing near Coventry. I've not long moved down from Scotland and I want to get back on rock after climbing indoors for so long.

If anyone has information or even a decent website that allows filtering for sport climbing then that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Graham
 TobyA 10 Jul 2014
In reply to harrowgrah:

I guess it depends on what you call "near" but there isn't any climbing particularly close to Coventry I don't think. For sport at a guess you'll either have to go up to the Southern Peak Limestone; Southwest down the M5 to the Wye Valley or West towards Wales for Llanymynech. All I suspect are 2 hours or more from Coventry although I might be being pessimistic there.
 MikeSP 10 Jul 2014
In reply to harrowgrah:

As above there isn't anything near but as far as I know this is the closest sport
http://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/crag.php?id=10304

also have a look here http://www.leicestershireclimbs.co.uk/ it's not all sport but I would recommend Beacon Hill for a bit of bouldering
 ashtond6 10 Jul 2014
In reply to harrowgrah:

decent sports climbing? about 10 hours south in France

For some sport climbing, 1.5h north in matlock
 The Ivanator 10 Jul 2014
In reply to harrowgrah:

You can use the "Find Crags" section of the logbooks on here to do this.
From the dropdown menu on the Logbooks tab (above) select "Find Crags"
Once on Find Crags page enter climbing style you are after i.e. Sport
Enter your location (Town or Postcode)
Choose radius of your search e.g. 75 miles
Hit search!
You'll get a list of crags (click to open up details on each), they will be listed nearest first, but be aware some may include only a single route with a Sports grade (rather than being predominantly Sports venues). There are some pretty obscure "crags" in the database, especially in areas with a lack of Rock such as the West Midlands.
 jon_gill1 10 Jul 2014
In reply to harrowgrah:
I live in Coventry and Toby is spot on but you can get to all 3 spots in 1.5 hours on a good run!the closest is definitely Hangingstone at Leicestershire, but worth the longer drive to the other crags!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...