UKC

weather forecasts

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 BusyLizzie 15 Jul 2014
The Met Office website seems to have gone a bit funny; my bookmarks to useful forecast formats no longer work and I cannot now find, either on the Met Office site or on bbc weather, a five-day forecast that gives me probability of rain. Thus I can see little raindrops at Symonds Yat on Friday but I can't see how likely they are to happen.

I am obviously being dim and failing to find the right bit of the site; can anyone sort me out please? Or has the Met Office's crystal ball become less specific?

Thank you

L
 climbingpixie 15 Jul 2014
In reply to BusyLizzie:

I just searched for Symonds Yat on the Metoffice mobile site and could see the precipitation probability. Sometimea you need to tell it you want more detail or it won't show you all the information.
 y2keable 15 Jul 2014
In reply to BusyLizzie:

Why bother? Met office have got it all wrong so far this summer, I've lost patients with them.
 Al Evans 15 Jul 2014
In reply to Jayson Keable:

I hope your remaining patients get better!
OP BusyLizzie 15 Jul 2014

You have a point, you really do.
 The Pylon King 15 Jul 2014

Nope, they have been spot on most of the time.
 The Pylon King 15 Jul 2014
In reply to BusyLizzie:

Ok SY Friday weather:

Low pressure moving up from south, hot and humid with the chance of a shower.
 Mark Bull 15 Jul 2014
In reply to BusyLizzie:

The Met Office site has indeed changed recently so that some bookmarks no longer work. Try this:

Go to http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast
Type "Symonds Yat" into the search box
Choose one of the nearby options
Click on Friday
Click on Precipitation probability to reveal the numbers
OP BusyLizzie 15 Jul 2014
In reply to Mark Bull:

Got it - you are brilliant, I hadn't seen the "preciptitation probability" under the "extra details" bit.

Thank you all!
 Bulls Crack 15 Jul 2014

Where do you live? They've been pretty good here in Yorkshire
 y2keable 16 Jul 2014
In reply to Bulls Crack:

Northumberland, I do allot of climbing in the lakes too. Too many times they've predicted rain and it's been glorious sunshine and blue skies, too many times they've predicted beautiful, warm and dry weather and it's been as windy as hell. As far as I've observed, they've been getting it wrong quite frequently since about March.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...