UKC

Red Arrows

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 FesteringSore 27 Jul 2014
Brilliant tv programme about the Red Arrows. I doubt that many people realise all that goes on behind the scenes and the training that has to be done.

Best in the world
 Queenie 27 Jul 2014
In reply to FesteringSore:

Have seen half of it so far...excellent.
They were fantastic at Fairford this month, though I have to add that the Italian Frecce Tricolore display team are breathtakingly good.
 kiwi boy 27 Jul 2014

A bit dull. This has been done before when they celebrated 25 years. It was almost a carbon copy.
 Enty 27 Jul 2014

Awesome - if they'd have showed a video like that to me when I was 12.......

E

Ps proud proud proud
 DancingOnRock 27 Jul 2014
In reply to kiwi boy:

I liked it but could do without all the 'drama'.

Anyone working in critical systems in industry does drills and has emergency blackout plans and contingency plans. The Red Arrows should be no exception but they didn't half ladle it on. Isn't flying jets in close proximity close to the speed of sound frightening enough?

But yes. It was a pretty good documentary.
 Tom Valentine 27 Jul 2014
Ha ha ha gypo.
Post edited at 22:53
 kiwi boy 27 Jul 2014
In reply to DancingOnRock:

Dont get me wrong it was ok but this has to be money for old rope. A documentary on t the reds was also done in 97 for channel five in a programme called danger men. This also gave big drama with a sound track to match. I have to admit by the time you chuck lewis hamilton and coulthard in the back seat I cant help but felt it has been done to death. How about sticking red 1 on an E5 with sketchy gear. Id like to see his flying suit change colour
 TobyA 27 Jul 2014
In reply to Queenie:

Were you there too? It was cool wasn't it?! We liked the dancing Chinook. But the Italians were perhaps a bit more crazy than the Red Arrows.
 Tom Valentine 28 Jul 2014
In reply to TobyA:

A good day out but unjustifiably the Vulcan was excluded from appearing in flight while, for instance, a little Estonian training jet was allowed its full time slot. The organisers' mealy mouthed explanation for this decision just doesn't hold up to scrutiny.
Anyway, highpoint for me were the Su 22's because I doubt we'll ever see them again and they looked and sounded great.
 Queenie 28 Jul 2014
In reply to TobyA:

Yes, had a top time on the Sunday which was less crowded than Saturday, but with dodgier weather.
The Chinook put on a great show, so gymnastic for what looks a lumbering beast and the rotor-slap is most gratifying. The Frecce team were edgier than the Arrows and a few times made me a little scared they'd pushed it to far, such skill! The enthusiastic commentary - partly in Italian - added humour to the display.
The other most memorable displays for me were the two Polish Sukhoi SU-22, Hornet, C27 Spartan (hulking beast thrown around good-style), and the Typhoon. The Apache display with pyrotechnics were fun. I like it loud!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...