UKC

Vets in Fontainebleau??

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Ian Broome 29 Jul 2014

Planning to take the pooch to Euro land, i'm getting the relevant pet pass port rabies jab organised this side. I understand you have to get your pet checked over in a window of time before you head home.

It would be ideal to do this in Font before the crossing. Anyone had an experience or recommend a vet in Font, my spoken French is also quite weak!

Thanks
Ian
Post edited at 11:33
 DaCat 29 Jul 2014
In reply to Ian Broome:
What breed is your dog?. France have restrictions on certain breeds being brought into the country.

Its not just getting the dog checked, its getting a special wormer 1 to 5 days before returning to the UK. The wormer has to be signed off in the dogs passport by a vet.

Taking the dog out of England is easy and its unlikely anything will be checked. Getting him back into England is much more stringent. You have to park up and go off to the doggy hut where they will scrutinize everything. The biggest fail at getting your dog out of France is correctly signed micro chip papers and so its worth making sure they are in order before leaving.

I don't know a vet in that area but vets are easy to find in every town. I hope you speak a little French though

P.S. If your dog is soon due his reg vaccinations, its worth having them done in France because it will cost you a quarter of what it costs in the UK.
Post edited at 22:35

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...