UKC

Just be careful !!!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 walkingOn 01 Aug 2014
I recently purchased a Rab Alpine jacket from Webtogs . The company has recently been taken over by Internet Fusion Ltd. The jacket developed a fault and hence I had to contact what I thought was webtogs but is now Internet Fusion Ltd. The company refused to replace the jacket and would only give a refund. They have the jacket on their website for sale a few pounds more expensive than it was with Webtogs. They agreed to refund the jacket as a measure of good will.. Initially not the full amount only part of it at £62 the a further £10, through PayPal and not my original method of payment. So I lost out on the cost of the delivery and had grief trying to get a refund...

I won't be buying of them again.
 Run_Ross_Run 01 Aug 2014
In reply to walkingOn:

If it's purchased on the Internet and the item is faulty then delivery charges must be refunded.
Get back on to them and ask for a full refund under the distant selling (act?).
 FreshSlate 01 Aug 2014
In reply to walkingOn:
For a fault a replacement seems fair, could you have gone to rab with the fault?

The above is correct. Ask them about DSR (distance selling regulations).
Post edited at 17:55
OP walkingOn 01 Aug 2014
In reply to Run_Ross_Run:

Hi, I only wish I'd sent it back to Rab !! As for the full refund I've passed it onto my credit card company who are pursuing it for me
 andrewmc 01 Aug 2014
In reply to FreshSlate:

> For a fault a replacement seems fair, could you have gone to rab with the fault?

Always worth asking, of course, but you should bear in mind you have no contract with Rab so they are not obligated to do anything.
OP walkingOn 01 Aug 2014
In reply to andrewmcleod:

I went to rab and they said return to rab.. I thought I'd give the company the option to replace which they refused to do !! Saying thr cost was of the jacket was now £83. Anyway I've informed my credit card as I do all online punches with credit card and I've let rab know the problems I've had with internet fusion, just so they are aware more than anything.
 Glyno 01 Aug 2014
In reply to walkingOn:

from Webtogs terms and conditions:

Refunds And Exchanges
If for some reason you are not happy with your product you can return it to us for a refund or exchange.

In order to qualify for a refund or exchange, you must request your RAN within 60 days of receiving your item, having taken good care of it and kept it in an unused state, complete with packaging and all it's components.

http://www.webtogs.com/legal/terms-and-conditions.php
OP walkingOn 01 Aug 2014
In reply to Glyno:

Wegtogs don't exist as such anymore they have been taken over by Internet Fusion Ltd...
OP walkingOn 01 Aug 2014
In reply to Glyno:

Anyway I've let Rab know how obstructive they have been...
 andrewmc 01 Aug 2014
In reply to walkingOn:

If they have been bought out then I suspect they have also acquired any of the legal obligations of Webtogs. That said, the webtogs terms and conditions don't really change anything here above your statutory rights (also note they don't let you choose between refund/exchange).
OP walkingOn 01 Aug 2014
In reply to andrewmcleod:

Thanks.. Anyway I've got £72 refund I'm just going through my credit card company to get the rest.. It's annoyed me that's for sure !!!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...