UKC

Kirrie Hill Rockfall

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 DundeeDave 05 Aug 2014
Hi All,

I was up a Kirrie Hill last night and saw what looked like a relatively recent, and substantial rockfall. It was between Never Never Land and La Plage. It doesn't affect any routes but you wouldn't want to have been standing there when it fell, even with a helmet!

Apologies if this has been noted elsewhere (or the rockfall is historic and I've only just noticed it!) but does remind people that these old quarries aren't all settled.

David
 GrahamJ 06 Aug 2014
In reply to DundeeDave:

Yes it is recent, and quite substantial, from the top of the crag just above and left of La Plage. Definitely would not want to have been standing around there when it fell.

I cleared some of the larger debris off of the ledges just to the left of La Plage which wouldn't have taken much to knock off and cause injury to someone not wearing a helmet.

IIRC there was an accident involving rock fall 2m to the left of this recent one about a year after the bolts went in, someone climbing off right at the finish of Never Never Land. Needless to say this section is unstable.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...