UKC

a few tunes I've been working on

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 lost1977 07 Aug 2014
been working on a few new tunes recently and thought i would let everyone have a first listen (most are still not fully finished)

https://soundcloud.com/lost1977/sets/new-sounds-08-14
 JLS 07 Aug 2014
In reply to lost1977:

Cool. The first and last of the four I liked. The middle two didn't do enough for me.
 Skipinder 07 Aug 2014
In reply to lost1977:

I really like track 2 although it's over too soon for me
OP lost1977 08 Aug 2014
In reply to Lawrence and JLS:

luckily Laurence track 2 is one i'm presently working on and will be longer and going into some different places (opened it up to my crew as its one which i would love to have a collaborater on)

JLS glad you liked the first one i have a friend who wants to join me one finishing this one. the last one was something a little different i went for a run on a sunny day in the countryside and I came back with it in my head
 Skipinder 09 Aug 2014
In reply to lost1977:

I look forward to hearing the final result
In reply to lost1977:

Lovely stuff, a bit "Carbon Based Lifeforms".

What software you using?
OP lost1977 10 Aug 2014
In reply to stroppygob:

at the moment i'm using Ignite to layout ideas (lovely instruments), I will probably export the stems into acidpro for the finally arrangement although i prefer to leave that side to a friend of mine who better hearing
In reply to lost1977:

I've not come across Ignite, will check it out, thanks.
 Mr Lopez 11 Aug 2014
In reply to lost1977:

I quite liked that. The one criticism i may offer is that the drums, specially the snare in that 1st song, while nicely programmed sounds a bit "cheap" if you know what i mean. I'd try to change the tone/eq/compression settings or even de-tune it a bit as it seems it doesn't want to sit right with the rest. And definitely play more with the velocity in the snare to give it extra life.
Post edited at 08:27
OP lost1977 20 Aug 2014
In reply to lost1977:

https://soundcloud.com/lost1977/wide-psycho-squares

sometimes a new tune just happens
 aln 05 Sep 2014
In reply to lost1977:

I loved that. Was thinking it sounded like an intro, waiting for the beat to come in. It didn't, it didn't have to. By the end of the track it had got to where it needed to.
OP lost1977 05 Sep 2014
In reply to aln:

thanks, it makes it all worthwhile when i read comments like that

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...