Photography forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Aiguille Dibona Video – Most beautiful mountain in Europe?

BALD EAGLE - on 10 Aug 2014
Good morning UKC’rs

Having just recently returned from the Ecrins region in the French Alps and despite having mixed weather, my partners in crime and I managed to fulfil a long held ambition and climb the classic "Face Sud Classique" aka "Voie Berthet/Boell/Stofer" (with the odd harder variation) on the mighty Aiguille Dibona 3131m.

First climbed by Angelo Dibona in 1913 and although of modest height, the Dibona has inspired generations of climbers and is surely one of the most beautiful and spectacular mountains (along with the Matterhorn) in Europe. Unless you think there are other contenders…

Gaston Rebuffat himself wrote about Dibona : "This needle is a monument of stone given to mankind by the earth and the time, an extraordinary sculpture in the sky, the light and the silence of Oisans. The same achievements of the climbers on another mountain would not be so marvellous. This needle was a question, climbing on her a response".

Anyway the entertainment was duly recorded so for anyone interested in viewing a short HD film of this superb route and beautiful mountain then please use the following link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygToEMgjMYU

So has anyone got any tales of derring-do to tell of their experience on the Dibona? Any fond memories or even a pushy guide to deal with? Did your tour go like clockwork or had an epic?
Anyway all constructive feedback or comments welcome and hopefully it will inspire a few folks to visit this spectacular area of the French Alps, stay in the superb Soreiller Hut and climb the Dibona!

Cheers and happy climbing :-)

Dave
... not showing 35 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums