UKC

John & Vicky from Sheffield, climbing at Sennen 31st July

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Jock 12 Aug 2014
On the off chance they might see this, or anyone who might know them and point them at this thread..
Hi J&V - you took some shots of us on Demo Route - I might have given you a garbled email address to send them to (or you haven't had a chance yet!)
Can you PM me a contact and I'll try again - much appreciated!
In reply to Jock:

Blimey, Jock. Is that you? What have you been up to?

Last time I saw you, it was on a UKC meet about 10 years ago. We went to Chair Ladder, I think, and maybe Vessacks West with Andrew Lincoln's little brother.

Martin
OP Jock 12 Aug 2014
In reply to maisie:

Hi Martin - blast from the past! Yup, got to be more than 10 years now.. I think you & I did Saxon and South Face Direct, with.. Sharkey? We've just had nearly 2 weeks down there, climbed every day but it was almost too hot. And everything felt a bit harder than 10 years ago...
Keep in touch if you're visiting N Wales!
In reply to Jock:

Sharkey. Ha! Did you come to Levan's when we completely sandbagged him on Smoked Salmon?

I still have a photo of yourself, climbing onto the belay ledge after the overhanging pitch on SDS, with the granite all golden in the evening sun. I must admit, I couldn't remember whether it was that or Diocese, but your memory is better than mine. Oddly enough, did South Face again last week. Dropped my large wires off the crux.

Shame to have missed you when you were down, but glad you're well. Happy days.

Martin
OP Jock 12 Aug 2014
In reply to maisie:

Don't remember Smoked Salmon, but recall taking over when Randy Mamola got shut down on a steep wee crackline - no idea what it was. I've got those shots of SDS, beautiful golden light - did you get your wires back?
In reply to Jock:

Pretty sure that was Saskia, at Vessacks West; the one where you have to step across the rockpool at the start. Didn't he get wet feet on it?

Wires gone on SDS - tide coming in, plus wires dropped 150 feet are never going to get used again. Lucky I'm old and less poor these days.

Maisie (the OH, whose account this actually was) asked me to enquire whether you were more 'Beris than Prestatyn. I think she fancies a trip up there.

Randy Mamola. Had forgotten that one.

Martin
OP Jock 13 Aug 2014
In reply to maisie:

Too bad about the wires - Mrs Jock made a hex shaped offering to Neptune while we were at Gurnards Head.
Definitely not Prestatyn - we're Capel Curig. You'd be very welcome.
As for John & Vicky - more bumpage..
OP Jock 14 Aug 2014
In reply to Jock:

Ah, we have contact - thanks John, and apologies to the misheard Figgy!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...