UKC

Best sea conditions for horny little devil at Lulworth cove

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Neil Amos 14 Aug 2014
As the title says really, what are the best sea conditions including tides
In reply to oldcheese:

Strange question. Any tide, any sea you feel comfortable swimming ten yards in.

jcm
OP Neil Amos 14 Aug 2014
In reply to johncoxmysteriously:
Sorry john, I didn't think it was a strange question but maybe I should be more clear.
Is it possible to do safely at low tide?
Does high tide affect the friction excessively as it does at other venues I have been?
I am looking for the ideal conditions and I am sure someone out there has some idea.
 andyman666999 14 Aug 2014
In reply to oldcheese:
I have tried it on a few occasions but am not an authority/local. One occasion there was a very high tide and the holds were greasy and my feet popped a hell of a lot. Rough seas also make it greasy from the spray/saturated air I think.
A spotter is a good idea as the first 1-2 moves are still slightly over a ledge but otherwise water depth is good at any tide.
Hope that is of some help.
Post edited at 19:31
 Rob Kennard 15 Aug 2014
In reply to oldcheese: Hi, as a post above says, the tide does not affect the climbing, other than feeling a bit more gripping at low tide. There is a tricky move at the start which is above a ledge, which is obviously safer if you have a spotter. Conditions are largely affected by humidity - the best conditions are found when there is a good breeze with low-humidity(like today!).
OP Neil Amos 15 Aug 2014
In reply to oldcheese:

Thanks for the replies, I am down there for a week from Saturday. A tad nervous as I will be on my own which is not ideal for a DWS so i will go on the best day I can identify and go to have a look. I need the odds to be in my favour. Thanks again

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...