UKC

self portraits and remote controls

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 buzby 19 Aug 2014
just about to start a round of the munros and I was going to keep a kind of photo diary including summit shots but a lot of these will be done solo and I am looking for a camera that has the option of using a remote control to take shots with.
I've currently got a canon powershot sx200 compact and a larger Kodak p880 bridge camera which I really like.
is there anything on the market with a reasonably wide lens and works with a remote that isn't a dslr.
also what do you guys mostly do for solo shots when you are alone, use a timer or a remote and if its a wireless remote what kind of distance do they work up to . thanks.
 Dan Arkle 19 Aug 2014
 nathan79 19 Aug 2014
In reply to buzby:

What's wrong with good old self-timer action?

Canon compacts seem pretty well catered for with self timer options. My previous one wich was nothing fancy at all had the option of 2, 10 or 30 second timer.
Currently I've got the SX240 whish offers the choice of 2 seconds, 10 seconds and a custom option wchich allos up to 30 seconds and the option of 1 to 10 shots.
 Padraig 20 Aug 2014
In reply to buzby:

is this to PROVE you have done them all?? IF so, theres only one way. Oh and it's NOT photographic!
OP buzby 20 Aug 2014
In reply to Padraig: ha, no Padraig its just for myself when im old and grey , kind of a photo diary to look at.
OP buzby 20 Aug 2014
In reply to buzby: thanks for the info guys, looks like its a timer or a dslr, re Dan I like the idea but sounds a bit technical for my abilities. thanks anyway.
OP buzby 20 Aug 2014
In reply to buzby: while im on the subject if I did go down the dslr route any recommendations for a good dslr for a beginner to learn with.
price not to much of an issue within reason.

thanks again.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...