UKC

Golfer's elbow / tendonitis

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 adam 24 21 Aug 2014
I think my elbow tendonitis may have returned, but it seems different and I was wondering if anyone has experienced similar symptoms.

In the past I have had the elbow tendonitis that seems common to climbers, where my elbows hurt a lot when climbing, but feels better when not climbing and rest relives the pain. I have started experiencing similar pain, but now it gets much worse after rest. My elbow is extremely painful when I wake up then eases throughout the day with gentle movement. The pain is also a more continuous dull ache, not associated with any particularly activity. Oddly, this started while I was ill so wasn't climbing or doing any exercise for a few weeks. Has anyone experienced similar pain from tendonitis?
 Andy Nisbet 21 Aug 2014
In reply to adam 24:

I have had similar, but think it's pretty normal. Inflammation often doesn't hurt during the activity but only afterwards. And if you've had a spell without climbing, then the system will have stiffened up (or is that scar tissue) and the pain changed. I don't think your dealing with it needs to change.

> I think my elbow tendonitis may have returned, but it seems different and I was wondering if anyone has experienced similar symptoms.

> In the past I have had the elbow tendonitis that seems common to climbers, where my elbows hurt a lot when climbing, but feels better when not climbing and rest relives the pain. I have started experiencing similar pain, but now it gets much worse after rest. My elbow is extremely painful when I wake up then eases throughout the day with gentle movement. The pain is also a more continuous dull ache, not associated with any particularly activity. Oddly, this started while I was ill so wasn't climbing or doing any exercise for a few weeks. Has anyone experienced similar pain from tendonitis?

nufkin 22 Aug 2014
In reply to adam 24:

It might be tendonosis, rather than tendonitis. I'm not really clear what the difference is, but I seem to remember reading that when there's pain that eases with use, rather than getting worse, it's an indication of tendonosis. I think treatment is similar, but maybe someone medical will be along to advise

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...